The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was optimistic that the HC/GM combo was a good move but as I said I would reserve judgement on JM until after the season concluded. I have now sen enough to see that JM is just not a good HC.  I was hoping that he had learned and matured after all of those years under BB but it is now apparent that he is a fraud that has once again been exposed.  He's good at riding the coattails of the best HC in NFL history carried by the best QB to ever play the game along with top flight D's nearly every year he has coached. 

Bottom line is that he is just not a good HC and like I said before his only chance to last in this franchise is to draft s stud QB.  Outside of that he is toast here and we will be on the next retread trash HC.... Rinse and repeat.  Outside of drafting a stud QB it will be a ugly next few seasons....

The stupid thing is I never understood why if we wanted an offensive mastermind at the HC why we didn't just go get like a Doug Peterson. It seems like he's everything that everybody wanted Josh McDaniels to be. And he actually has won a Super Bowl as a head coach. I think sometimes people just overthink things(and/or listen to what the "consensus" has to say)

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The stupid thing is I never understood why if we wanted an offensive mastermind at the HC why we didn't just go get like a Doug Peterson. It seems like he's everything that everybody wanted Josh McDaniels to be. And he actually has won a Super Bowl as a head coach. I think sometimes people just overthink things(and/or listen to what the "consensus" has to say)

Pederson is succeeding because he has an elite young franchise QB to work with. He probably didn't want to hitch his legacy to Derek Carr. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pederson is succeeding because he has an elite young franchise QB to work with. He probably didn't want to hitch his legacy to Derek Carr. 

We brought him in for a visit and chose McDaniels over him. I remember when I mentioned Doug Peterson and that he was my first pick if we didn't stick with Rich and everybody on here made it seem like his Super Bowl was a fluke and that he's not really a good coach. 

For the record Trevor Lawrence was not elite last year. Doug Peterson fixed him after having a turbulent rookie season because he had a sorry coach last year. The implication is that he is not immune from suffering from bad coaching. Peterson on the other hand is a good coach and it has shown.

Also he has a top five offenses despite having what is essentially a rookie quarterback no number one receiver(as a matter of fact a bunch of cast offs from their old teams with one of our old guys they couldn't see the field until Henry Ruggs got in trouble). And a running back that missed all of last year. You can't just dismiss that because he has a good quarterback that he developed.

The team was picking number one overall last year lol. He didn't take him long to "implement his vision" smh

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Our offensive mastermind, "one of the greatest ever" (🤣) drafted Tim Tebow in the first. Keep the in mind when we're talking about drafting QBs 

So are we holding all BB defensive busts draft picks against BB also. Cant defend the Tebow pick. But if he was that same josh mcdaniels do Davis still hire him. He was a first time head coach given full authority of the franchise. How many times has that ever worked? I'm not excusing him. But it seems like the tim Tebow thing gets thrown in his face alot. Like it hasn't been bad or even worst picks by respected head coaches. 

Edited by dante9876

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So are we holding all BB defensive busts draft picks against BB also. Cant defend the Tebow pick. But if he was that same josh mcdaniels do Davis still hire him. He was a first time head coach given full authority of the franchise. How many times has that ever worked? I'm not excusing him. But it seems like the tim Tebow thing gets thrown in his face alot. Like it hasn't been bad or even worst picks by respected head coaches. 

Yes he would. That's the problem we are currently facing 

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I'm not holding anything a proven coach does against them. I will hold mistakes that guys have who have proven to be bad coaches (thus far) do though bc it's part of the reasons they've been unsuccessful in the league. 

I believe that's fair. Do you?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We brought him in for a visit and chose McDaniels over him. I remember when I mentioned Doug Peterson and that he was my first pick if we didn't stick with Rich and everybody on here made it seem like his Super Bowl was a fluke and that he's not really a good coach. 

For the record Trevor Lawrence was not elite last year. Doug Peterson fixed him after having a turbulent rookie season because he had a sorry coach last year. The implication is that he is not immune from suffering from bad coaching. Peterson on the other hand is a good coach and it has shown.

Also he has a top five offenses despite having what is essentially a rookie quarterback no number one receiver(as a matter of fact a bunch of cast offs from their old teams with one of our old guys they couldn't see the field until Henry Ruggs got in trouble). And a running back that missed all of last year. You can't just dismiss that because he has a good quarterback that he developed.

The team was picking number one overall last year lol. He didn't take him long to "implement his vision" smh

We never formally interviewed Doug Pederson so I'm not sure how he was ever a legitimate candidate or how you could make the argument that we chose JMD over him. 

Obviously Lawrence wasn't elite last season but he was considered a generational prospect for a reason and I'm sure that he was DP's primary motivation for taking the Jaguars job. 

Josh McDaniels had a top 6 scoring offense with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Nelson Agholor in New England last season. The main reason the Jags offense has been good this year is because they have a star level QB while our offensive struggles have been almost entirely on Carr's inability to run the offense. 

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Our offensive mastermind, "one of the greatest ever" (🤣) drafted Tim Tebow in the first. Keep the in mind when we're talking about drafting QBs 

He also helped develop a 6th round pick into the greatest player in NFL history. Even the OC's dad has said anyone criticizing the decision to bench Carr hasn't watched any of the film but you won't address the facts. 

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not holding anything a proven coach does against them. I will hold mistakes that guys have who have proven to be bad coaches (thus far) do though bc it's part of the reasons they've been unsuccessful in the league. 

I believe that's fair. Do you?

Why don't you hold DC's mediocre play for a decade against him?

45 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Our current situation is bleak barring a miracle.  

This franchise has been and still is the laughing stock of the NFL.  Players know it, coaches know it and agents know it.  This franchise has been a graveyard for over 20 years and by graveyard I mean where players careers come to die.

We have a HC who has now been exposed as a fraud, a team that has no depth or eilte talent outside of Maxx and Adams, who is most likely gone after this year.  This team is for some rough years unless they can draft a stud QB.  Of all the stopgaps we are one of the least attractive team in the market for a QB so we will the leftovers and JM will pay dearly for this decision which will ultimately cost him his career.  No QB would want to come to play with a terrible HC, a porous Oline and a leagues worst D.  That is not an attractive combination to any player therefor we will get what we ask for next year and that is a bum behind center...

This team is now poison to free agents as none will want to come here unless we overpay for their services, There is now a ton of pressure on JM and DZ to have nearly flawless drafts.  DZ could potentially survive if he shows promise in the draft but will be severely hamstrung due to JM being a fraud HC and the ongoing narrative that this franchise being so dysfunctional that he will have very little chance at getting good value in free agency.  Certanly none of the top FA will sign here unless we pay way above market value.

It's a messy situation that does not look good going forward. It's a good thing I have become so desensitized to how inept and laughable our franchise has become as it has been the same **** for over 20 years now.  At this point It's almost comical as we have become the blueprint of how not to run and NFL franchise but one should expect nothing less if you examine our owner in great detail.  Mark Davis is a flat out moron who needs to sell the team...   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This team is now poison to free agents as none will want to come here unless we overpay for their services, There is now a ton of pressure on JM and DZ to have nearly flawless drafts.  DZ could potentially survive if he shows promise in the draft but will be severely hamstrung due to JM being a fraud HC and the ongoing narrative that this franchise being so dysfunctional that he will have very little chance at getting good value in free agency.  Certanly none of the top FA will sign here unless we pay way above market value.

So no one is going to want to come here because we benched Carr? The dude currently leading the NFL in interceptions who got outplayed by Baker Mayfield and Kenny Pickett in must win games? The team will be fine going forward and if we sign Tom Brady we are 100,000x more attractive as a FA destination than we were with DC. DC isn't well respected around the league at all by other players.

Mark Davis is a moron yet increased the value of the franchise ten fold and got the second best stadium ever built because we benched Carr after he crapped the bed all year despite having the best RB/WR duo in the league to lean on.

Edited by NYRaider