The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We never formally interviewed Doug Pederson so I'm not sure how he was ever a legitimate candidate or how you could make the argument that we chose JMD over him. 

Obviously Lawrence wasn't elite last season but he was considered a generational prospect for a reason and I'm sure that he was DP's primary motivation for taking the Jaguars job. 

Josh McDaniels had a top 6 scoring offense with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Nelson Agholor in New England last season. The main reason the Jags offense has been good this year is because they have a star level QB while our offensive struggles have been almost entirely on Carr's inability to run the offense. 

That's because we locked on to Josh McDaniels immediately. He was basically our only coaching candidate outside of the Rooney rule. Soon as Josh McDaniels had interest we prioritized him over everyone. So the "Josh McDaniels is who we got stuck with" argument that I'm sure is coming, holds no Merit. 

I have explained the Mac Jones top six offense probably 100 times. They were second in interceptions in the whole NFL. They had a lot of short scoring opportunities. Also Mac Jones wasn't really doing anything what happened was that Damien Harris had 18 touchdowns(which is what happens when you have short field position because of takeaways). They were never really passing the ball like that so mentioning Nelson Agholor does nothing. Mac Jones had 3800 yards passing. They are basically running the offense like how we run it this year except we don't have a defense they just give them the ball back a bunch of times so it's not working. 

On the contrast what happened this year was that they weren't taking the ball away as much and their division got much better they couldn't just run the ball with the superior defense.

The best part about next season is that everyone isn't going to be able to just blame Carr for anything that goes wrong which will be funny to watch. 

21 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not holding anything a proven coach does against them. I will hold mistakes that guys have who have proven to be bad coaches (thus far) do though bc it's part of the reasons they've been unsuccessful in the league. 

I believe that's fair. Do you?

It's definitely fair. Just keep mind a lot of proven guys, even the most proven guy has failed before they was proven. They made bad picks us unproven guys to. But my point is that cause he picked tim.tebow I'm not going to assume we might draft Bo Nix at 8 this year. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also helped develop a 6th round pick into the greatest player in NFL history. Even the OC's dad has said anyone criticizing the decision to bench Carr hasn't watched any of the film but you won't address the facts. 

Lol he wasn't even the offensive coordinator until 2005 after Brady had already won like three Super Bowls lol. And then he shows his ability to pick a quarterback outside of New England and it's Tim Tebow. Look at the sequence of events

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Lol he wasn't even the offensive coordinator until 2005 after Brady had already won like three Super Bowls lol. And then he shows his ability to pick a quarterback outside of New England and it's Tim Tebow. Look at the sequence of events

Brady also had by far the best years of his career under who? The greatest coach in NFL history made JMD the highest paid coordinator in the league for a reason, I'd assume it wasn't because he sucks at his job. Thankfully JMD isn't our GM and even Tebow won a playoff game, something Carr hasn't done in a decade here. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's because we locked on to Josh McDaniels immediately. He was basically our only coaching candidate outside of the Rooney rule. Soon as Josh McDaniels had interest we prioritized him over everyone. So the "Josh McDaniels is who we got stuck with" argument that I'm sure is coming, holds no Merit. 

I have explained the Mac Jones top six offense probably 100 times. They were second in interceptions in the whole NFL. They had a lot of short scoring opportunities. Also Mac Jones wasn't really doing anything what happened was that Damien Harris had 18 touchdowns(which is what happens when you have short field position because of takeaways). They were never really passing the ball like that so mentioning Nelson Agholor does nothing. Mac Jones had 3800 yards passing. They are basically running the offense like how we run it this year except we don't have a defense they just give them the ball back a bunch of times so it's not working. 

On the contrast what happened this year was that they weren't taking the ball away as much and their division got much better they couldn't just run the ball with the superior defense.

The best part about next season is that everyone isn't going to be able to just blame Carr for anything that goes wrong which will be funny to watch. 

I totally agree. I am fascinated to see that absolute dumpster fire we are next season. It will be so amusing to see all of the excuses and finger pointing. Like I have said the only way JM survives is by drafting a stud QB. 

Brady will have nothing to do with the leagues worst D and an atrocious Oline. Zero percent chance he would come to this dumpster fire organization. ZERO! 

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Our current situation is bleak barring a miracle.  

This franchise has been and still is the laughing stock of the NFL.  Players know it, coaches know it and agents know it.  This franchise has been a graveyard for over 20 years and by graveyard I mean where players careers come to die.

We have a HC who has now been exposed as a fraud, a team that has no depth or eilte talent outside of Maxx and Adams, who is most likely gone after this year.  This team is for some rough years unless they can draft a stud QB.  Of all the stopgaps we are one of the least attractive team in the market for a QB so we will the leftovers and JM will pay dearly for this decision which will ultimately cost him his career.  No QB would want to come to play with a terrible HC, a porous Oline and a leagues worst D.  That is not an attractive combination to any player therefor we will get what we ask for next year and that is a bum behind center...

This team is now poison to free agents as none will want to come here unless we overpay for their services, There is now a ton of pressure on JM and DZ to have nearly flawless drafts.  DZ could potentially survive if he shows promise in the draft but will be severely hamstrung due to JM being a fraud HC and the ongoing narrative that this franchise being so dysfunctional that he will have very little chance at getting good value in free agency.  Certanly none of the top FA will sign here unless we pay way above market value.

It's a messy situation that does not look good going forward. It's a good thing I have become so desensitized to how inept and laughable our franchise has become as it has been the same **** for over 20 years now.  At this point It's almost comical as we have become the blueprint of how not to run and NFL franchise but one should expect nothing less if you examine our owner in great detail.  Mark Davis is a flat out moron who needs to sell the team...   

A couple of things: one this is not that great of a quarterback draft(I like will levis by the way).

This leaves the best case scenario being that Brady for some reason wants to come and play here. But even then we have to look at this: if Brady comes here, it proves exactly what I was saying about McDaniels either way which is that he can't win without Brady. That's a problem because Brady is 46 years old. He's not gonna be able to play forever and the assumption is that if he comes here he's not coming here to be a stopgap he's gonna come here because he thinks he can try to win maybe some kind of Super Bowl or something which means that we're gonna likely be picking two low in the draft to be able to get a quarterback that has the talent to turn this kind of franchise around.

Like I said the amount of problematic variables are too many. The only young good players on this team under contract are Max Crosby and Hunter Renfrow. The rest of the roster though I do believe that there are good players this team is not designed for a young quarterback to come in here and there's players that are intact for long-term. It's also not built for someone like Tom Brady to come in and win the first year he shows up. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I totally agree. I am fascinated to see that absolute dumpster fire we are next season. It will be so amusing to see all of the excuses and finger pointing. Like I have said the only way JM survives is by drafting a stud QB. 

Brady will have nothing to do with the leagues worst D and an atrocious Oline. Zero percent chance he would come to this dumpster fire organization. ZERO! 

You also said that we wouldn't move on from DC, so Brady to LV confirmed. You also realize that Tampa had a worst defense than us the year prior to signing Tom Brady, right?

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Brady also had by far the best years of his career under who? The greatest coach in NFL history made JMD the highest paid coordinator in the league for a reason, I'd assume it wasn't because he sucks at his job. Thankfully JMD isn't our GM and even Tebow won a playoff game, something Carr hasn't done in a decade here. 

Yeah but even that is an oversimplification. He had Randy Moss(one of the best wide receivers to ever play in NFL history). So that doesn't work either. 

Belichick can do whatever he wants. I wanted to let Tom Brady go so that they could keep Jimmy Garoppolo when we say that Tom Brady is the player that Jimmy Garoppolo is of course not.

Belichick has complete power over the team he can cut and hire whoever he wants. This means he can even keep someone around if he likes them regardless of their football acumen. That's the reality

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but even that is an oversimplification. He had Randy Moss(one of the best wide receivers to ever play in NFL history). So that doesn't work either. 

He had Davante Adams this year but Carr regressed down the stretch and couldn't get him the ball. This also isn't the first time that we've seen Carr struggle to get a top tier WR involved either, the same thing happened with Amari Cooper. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Support?  I deal in facts and reality and refuse to advocate an incompetent front office.  Stidham is a bum who should be holding a clip board.  

Like I have said before unless this regime can draft a stud QB they are toast because no stopgap will look serviceable with this absolute garbage roster playing behind the last decades worst D. 

This team has been and still is the laughing stock of the NFL that is lead by an incompetent idiot of an owner. 

Facts? He’s hasn’t started one game yet with the Raiders but he’s a bum?

Cmon but Carr went 63-80 in 9 seasons and flamed out with horrible passes INTs and inability to score. 

I give credit for the organization getting Aggressive and not settling for mediocre player producing Mediocre results

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Belichick has complete power over the team he can cut and hire whoever he wants. This means he can even keep someone around if he likes them regardless of their football acumen. That's the reality

And the fact that he has won 6 Super Bowls points to him having a pretty good idea on who to keep around. I'm sure he just kept JMD around as the highest paid assistant because he lacked football acumen, not the fact that he played a major role in helping them win multiple championships. 

I think succeeding with the greatest coach and QB in history, who both sing your praises, is a bigger indicator of who a coach is than him failing with DC when we've seen like 6 other coaches fail with him as well. DC just isn't that good and even Lombardi said it.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He had Davante Adams this year but Carr regressed down the stretch and couldn't get him the ball. This also isn't the first time that we've seen Carr struggle to get a top tier WR involved either, the same thing happened with Amari Cooper. 

Carr brought a team to the playoffs 2 times

Mcdaniels as a HC brought a team to the playoffs 0 times 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And the fact that he has won 6 Super Bowls points to him having a pretty good idea on who to keep around. I'm sure he just kept JMD around as the highest paid assistant because he lacked football acumen, not the fact that he played a major role in helping them win multiple championships. 

I think succeeding with the greatest coach and QB in history, who both sing your praises, is a bigger indicator of who a coach is than him failing with DC when we've seen like 6 other coaches fail with him as well. DC just isn't that good and even Lombardi said it.

He has not won six Super Bowls the patriots won six Super Bowls with Bill Belichick as a HC. We Hired Josh Mcdaniels to be a HEAD COACH not an offensive coordinator

As a HEAD COACH Josh mcdaniels is 17–26 and counting 

Edited by Jeremy408

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He has not won six Super Bowls the patriots won six Super Bowls with Bill Belichick as a HC. We Hired Josh Mcdaniels to be a HEAD COACH not an offensive coordinator

As a HEAD COACH Josh mcdaniels is 17–26 and counting 

You just said BB can keep around whoever he wants regardless of their football acumen. To which I replied that he obviously chose the right people, including JMD, considering he has won 6 SB, lmao.