The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

As a HEAD COACH...

Jon Gruden 117–112, 9 playoff appearances 1 superbowl 

Rich Bissacia  7-5, 1 Playoff Appearance 0 superbowl

Josh mcdaniels 17-26, 0 playoff appearances 0 superbowl

Doug Pederson :49–45–1, 6 playoff appearances 1 superbowl 

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not sure why you even bother, dude lol. He's obviously just a troll. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We should give McDaniels 8 more years like we’ve given Carr. 

As a HEAD COACH...

Jon Gruden 117–112, 9 playoff Appearances, 1 superbowl 

Rich Bissacia  7-5, 1 Playoff Appearance, 0 superbowl

Josh mcdaniels 17-26, 0 playoff appearances, 0 superbowl

Doug Pederson 49–45–1, 6 playoff appearances, 1 superbowl 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

As a HEAD COACH...

Jon Gruden 117–112, 9 playoff appearances 1 superbowl 

Rich Bissacia  7-5, 1 Playoff Appearance 0 superbowl

Josh mcdaniels 17-26, 0 playoff appearances 0 superbowl

Doug Pederson :49–45–1, 6 playoff appearances 1 superbowl 

Interesting information. The top 2 got fired with Carr as their QB, JMD doesn’t want to suffer the same fate. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Interesting information. The top 2 got fired with Carr as their QB, JMD doesn’t want to suffer the same fate. 

•  

As a HEAD COACH...

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

•  

As a HEAD COACH...

We never interviewed DP. Can you do Carr’s record next please. Accept that your idol isn’t that good and he’s getting cut or traded in a few weeks. 

Edited by NYRaider

We never interviewed DP. Can you do Carr’s record next please. Accept that your idol isn’t that good and he’s getting cut or traded in a few weeks. 

As a HEAD COACH...

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

As a HEAD COACH...

I’m glad that you know this information little buddy. I know you’re still shook from your idol being benched so I won’t even get mad at your behavior. Wipe them tears and please follow Carr to his new team.

I’m glad that you know this information little buddy. I know you’re still shook from your idol being benched so I won’t even get mad at your behavior. Wipe them tears and please follow Carr to his new team.

As a HEAD COACH...

@Jeremy408 Do you see JM surviving a 4ish win season next year? 

The only way I see this happening is if we went to our moron owner, was honest with him and said next year is going to be rough. If we make this move away from Carr I need you to give me two full years to assemble the team I want without any threat of being fired.  

The odds of this are very small and I think that there is very little chance he can survive next season. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Jeremy408 Do you see JM surviving a 4ish win season next year? 

The only way I see this happening is if we went to our moron owner, was honest with him and said next year is going to be rough. If we make this move away from Carr I need you to give me two full years to assemble the team I want without any threat of being fired.  

The odds of this are very small and I think that there is very little chance he can survive next season. 

The possibility stems from a couple of things needing to happen:

Scenario a

1. We convince Tom Brady to come here

2. Tom Brady's presence convinces Devante to stick around

3. Tom Brady's presence convinces a lot of people to come here to play for cheap on both sides of the ball in a similar way to what happened in Tampa Bay

That would create a scenario that could help his job stick around

Scenario B

We signed Jimmy Garoppolo(who is not that great of a quarterback but can at least run the offense  and may come play for cheaper)

And then we're able to literally get a bunch of defensive players in offensive line men because Garoppolo will play on a cheap deal allowing for that. 

The problem with both of these scenarios is that it assumes a lot very similar to hiring McDaniels and Dave Ziegler

-it assumes that Ziegler actually can draft well

-it assumes that Tom Brady would want to come here

-It even assumes that Garoppolo would choose playing here over playing for a team like the Jets 

Another problem with the scenarios is that neither of them fix the long-term problems. 

Scenario C

We sign a stopgap quarterback and draft a quarterback. But this presents a set of problems because it presents a handful of assumptions.

-We have to assume that Josh McDaniels can develop a quarterback outside of New England wear Belichick is more than likely going to have a top 10 defense to support him

-we have to assume that Dave Ziegler can surround whoever said quarterback is with the proper supporting cast

-we have to assume that whichever quarterback that we're drafting isn't being reached for out of extraordinary need which is the most important factor of the variables. Which is why I'm not a big fan of drafting a quarterback when you need one. Because you end up with Zach Wilson's of the world. 

-lastly, what if they get fired halfway through the season and now you've got a young quarterback stuck in a messed up situation

With all of this being said, I think the scenario that you presented is very possible is because of the fact that we can't afford to hire another coach because they made some kind of deal with Mark Davis that says that they get paid regardless if they get fired to protect themselves

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

As a HEAD COACH...

Are you that shook about Carr you can only type and paste? Seek mental help. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The possibility stems from a couple of things needing to happen:

Scenario a

1. We convince Tom Brady to come here

2. Tom Brady's presence convinces Devante to stick around

3. Tom Brady's presence convinces a lot of people to come here to play for cheap on both sides of the ball in a similar way to what happened in Tampa Bay

That would create a scenario that could help his job stick around

Scenario B

We signed Jimmy Garoppolo(who is not that great of a quarterback but can at least run the offense  and may come play for cheaper)

And then we're able to literally get a bunch of defensive players in offensive line men because Garoppolo will play on a cheap deal allowing for that. 

The problem with both of these scenarios is that it assumes a lot very similar to hiring McDaniels and Dave Ziegler

-it assumes that Ziegler actually can draft well

-it assumes that Tom Brady would want to come here

-It even assumes that Garoppolo would choose playing here over playing for a team like the Jets 

Another problem with the scenarios is that neither of them fix the long-term problems. 

Scenario C

We sign a stopgap quarterback and draft a quarterback. But this presents a set of problems because it presents a handful of assumptions.

-We have to assume that Josh McDaniels can develop a quarterback outside of New England wear Belichick is more than likely going to have a top 10 defense to support him

-we have to assume that Dave Ziegler can surround whoever said quarterback is with the proper supporting cast

-we have to assume that whichever quarterback that we're drafting isn't being reached for out of extraordinary need which is the most important factor of the variables. Which is why I'm not a big fan of drafting a quarterback when you need one. Because you end up with Zach Wilson's of the world. 

-lastly, what if they get fired halfway through the season and now you've got a young quarterback stuck in a messed up situation

With all of this being said, I think the scenario that you presented is very possible is because of the fact that we can't afford to hire another coach because they made some kind of deal with Mark Davis that says that they get paid regardless if they get fired to protect themselves

I agree with nearly everything you posted.  

What I have noticed about JM and his coaching style and game plan is tailored around his D being stellar.  He hasn't been able to identify that our D is amongst the leagues worst and get more aggressive with his O scheme and game plan.    

You point out multiple assumptions with the Brady scenario and that is all contingant on Brady wanting to play here which I give a zero percent chance.  A 46 year old Brady wants to win games and that is something this franchise has not been able to do for over two decades.  If he doesn't retire he will end up on a team that is ready to win now, a team that has a solid Oline, a good run game and a top tier D.  I can see Brady either retiring or heading to SF to win another ring, he certainly will not end up on a team that is not close to competing.  

What about this team would be appealing to a legend like Brady?  A history of instability in the front office, a bad HC with a proven losing record and a team that consists of very little talent and no depth.  

Another thing to factor in is who knows what Brady thinks of JM.  He very well could think the guy is a fraud who rode his and BB's to coattails to success.  That is quite possible after what JM has shown as a HC this year. 

I think Jimmy G will have a market this offseason that will consist of more attractive landing spots than Vegas.  Jets, Washington and Indy will land the top stopgaps and we will be in the next tier picking up the scraps of some bum.  

I think you hit on something that is very important and hasn't been mentioned much and that is will DZ and JM reach for a rookie out of desperation?  I have seen this happen so many times and it rarely ends well espically on a team that is so far from competing.  This team is in no way set up for a rookie QB to have success with what appears to be another offseason where we have tremendous roster turnover. 

If these guys are desperate, which they appear to be and reach for a QB who turns out to be Z Wilson we can all kiss the next three plus seasons goodbye as well.  We will not be competitive and revert to getting embarrassed quite often like we witnessed every year during the years between Gannon and Carr.  

You also bring up another good point but this team is already a screwed up mess as it currently stands.  You do add another level  of complexity to the situation if DZ/JM draft a rookie and get fired at some point through out the season.  Then you have a rookie QB in a difunctional situation who is about to inherit a HC who has no ties to him.   That is the recipe for three plus years of an embarrassing, bottom of the barrel brand of football

• Like 1