The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

On 4/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, BayRaider said:

Why would they want Carr when they have Jordan Love waiting? They probably plan on keeping Aaron for 2 years, or even 3 years if he does well. Same thing with Favre/Rodgers. 

At that point Rodgers is 39 and either retires or searches for a 2 year contract like Brady. 

I would hope by that point our QB situation is already solved. 

The crazy thing is what are the chances the coaching staff that drafted him is still there in 2-3 years?  I’d be a real mess if they were out and a new staff was walking into a 39yo Rodgers and 3rd year Love QB room.... 

maybe they want to bring in their own future QB

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No doubt Carr has the ability. It's all about the inconsistencies.

Need more of this. It really is year 3 now. Continuity, talent, etc. should all be there. He made strides extending plays and running last year. Can he put it all together though? It's a worthwhile wager.

If not, 2021 has some excellent QB prospects.

• Like 2

AFCW rival fan here. I know, I know,  back at ya.  Anyway, I hope the Raiders can manage to tank better than fat bill of the NE pissants.  He has it set up pretty well to get his hands on Lawrence.  If he does the rest of the league will once again be sucking hind *** for the next decade.  Start petitioning chucky to draft possibly the best QB to ever come out of college.  He will be fun to watch even though the Raiders would more than likely stomp the crap out of the rest of the division, yes, even the stock yard cadets from KC. Imo  Lawrence is going to be that good.  Good luck and hope you all stay well.  Later on.

15 minutes ago, honkeytonk said:

AFCW rival fan here. I know, I know,  back at ya.  Anyway, I hope the Raiders can manage to tank better than fat bill of the NE pissants.  He has it set up pretty well to get his hands on Lawrence.  If he does the rest of the league will once again be sucking hind *** for the next decade.  Start petitioning chucky to draft possibly the best QB to ever come out of college.  He will be fun to watch even though the Raiders would more than likely stomp the crap out of the rest of the division, yes, even the stock yard cadets from KC. Imo  Lawrence is going to be that good.  Good luck and hope you all stay well.  Later on.

their is gonna be multiple teams tanking.

It'll come down to strength of schedule.

Right now I think NE is the front runner.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

I'm real nervous about signing Rodgers. Age and attitude are a concern. He's always been a weird dude. 

There's a chance he's moved next year, but such a big financial hit, more likely in two years. We're gonna trade a ton for a 37 year old guy, maybe 38?

I think it's much more likely that the team sticks with Carr. 

Funny about Carr:  the discussion, nationally, focuses on his unwillingness to throw deep. OK. He does everything else fine. How many games has Brady won throwing underneath?  Tyrell returning to SD form, and the addition of Ruggs could be massive. Counting on Bowden or Edwards for serious production is foolish, they're 3rd rounders. Of course they, can help, but the passing game will have to focus on Waller/Tyrell/Ruggs. I know Ruggs is only a rookie, but 4.3 speed is 4.3 speed from Day 1. 

• Like 1

Carr has all the cards going in to the season so he is the favorite. No on rodgers.. 

MM would be intresting to see also but fans shouldnt want to see that just like cowboy  fans shouldnt wanna see dalton.

I read an article from FullPressCoverage on Carr and it just came back to qb wins again.

How can people be so idiotic. Even if he's bad, why does it come down to qb wins? They completely ignored the defense (or lack thereof), organizational dysfunction, etc.

They even bring up "public sensitivity" as a con for his ******* QB play.

I'm not even saying that he is/isn't the answer definitively, but how are you going to use wins/social media interactions to point to that?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I read an article from FullPressCoverage on Carr and it just came back to qb wins again.

How can people be so idiotic. Even if he's bad, why does it come down to qb wins? They completely ignored the defense (or lack thereof), organizational dysfunction, etc.

They even bring up "public sensitivity" as a con for his ******* QB play.

I'm not even saying that he is/isn't the answer definitively, but how are you going to use wins/social media interactions to point to that?

Wins are pretty subjective, of course the QBs play a large role in that and an Elite guy can cover a multitude of problems and get wins. I think wins prove that Carr isn’t elite which we all know but that doesn’t mean he isn’t good. How i determine if a guy is good or bad is if he’s a liability which 99% of the time he isn’t, honestly it’s only when he tries to run the ball in on the goal line. Lol

I will say that he has taken L’s on Social. Last year when he challenged people to fights on Twitter it was telling and it showed mental weakness. The QB position is very much a mental game and if defensive players can get into their heads the game can change. He’s done a better job of it recently but he’s got to let it not get to him. Tall order when every season his job is under scrutiny but it is what it is. 

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Wins aren't the only thing that should come into consideration but like it or not coaches and quarterbacks are always going to have W/L attached to their resume, it just comes with the territory. I think one of the biggest issues with Carr where wins/losses is a strong indicator is how he has struggled to beat good teams. Through 6 years he's 4-33 against playoff teams and those 4 wins came against Brock Osweiler (2x), Marcus Mariota, and Alex Smith. 

We've also only ranked in the top half of the league in PPG once and in the top half of the league in YPG twice. 

Carr certainly hasn't had a great supporting cast, we've had instability on our staff, and our defense has ranked in 19th or worse in YPG and 20th or worse in PPG all 6 of his seasons here. But at the end of the day Carr hasn't shown the ability to elevate the team/franchise. He's an average QB that can be above average with the right pieces around him. Hopefully he can lead us to the playoffs with all of the pieces we've added around him. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

If people actually watched games you could tell Rogers is declining.

I'm guessing green bay noticed it too.

Even on the decline he has been very good the last two seasons. 8,400 yards, 51 TD, 6 INT with almost nothing at WR other than Adams and they were a game away from the Super Bowl last season. Rodgers will be 37 this season so it's nice to have a contingency plan in case he gets hurt or hangs them up early. It worked out pretty well for them when they did the same thing drafting Rodgers while Farve still had some gas in the tank.