2020 Saints draft class

hsfolk

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'll get one going.

The Dallas draft has been better so far. Arguably the best so far. Anyone wanna debate that?

Yes sir i think i do as i would take what the Cards did with their picks in the 1st 3 rounds over what the Cowboys did :)  Give me Simmons, Nuk, and Jones all day long over anything i have seen so far from any team.

I'll also say the Panthers have a solid chacne to combat you on that as well with  Brown, Gross-Matos, and Chinn.   The Bengals as well with Burrows, Higgins, and Wilson. 

Edited by FalconFan13

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The saints really do target players and don't mind giving up a lot to get them. Did they just swap the entire back end of their draft for Trautman? You had Davenport in a similar mould. 

Yes, but also gave up next year’s 3rd earlier.

Not a fan of losing that much draft capital, even if your reasoning is that you’re late round picks haven’t stayed around as of late.

13 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Yes, but also gave up next year’s 3rd earlier.

Not a fan of losing that much draft capital, even if your reasoning is that you’re late round picks haven’t stayed around as of late.

Payton mentioned in his interview this is maybe the deepest Saints roster he has coached, so there really aren't many spots up for grabs. We took 3 guys that are expected to contribute, I'll gladly take that. I don't this strategy works every year, but I don't think Payton does either if we weren't so stacked currently on our current roster. In regards to next year's 3rd round pick being traded I believe I read that we are expecting a 3rd round comp pick for the loss of Bridgwater in the 2021 draft.

Overall I'm thrilled with this Saints class we got 3 guys rated near the top of their respective positions. I would have like to grab a WR at some point, but if we trade back in and grab a Tyler Johnson today that'd be a fun final touch, if not I won't be too disappointed.