With the 97th pick ... Jacob Phillips LB LSU

ditchdigger

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive watched some of these player interviews post-draft and one thing that irritates me is how poor some of these reporters are asking questions. They stutter and fumble over every question they ask or they ask the most basic questions.

" Hey Jacob, ummm, I just wanted to uhhhh....ask how you felt playing again with ummmmm, Del.....Delpit and **3 second pause** another guy like uhhhhh. Gre...Greedy Williams.?"

Like wtf did you people go to school for this or what? I would also love if one of these idiots could ask a football related question. Perhaps "Hey Jacob, we noticed you played primarily at this position, do you think you fit best at Mike in a base 4-3 or Will in a 3-4?"

Somthing, anything other than "Hey we have bunch of LSU Tigers on this team, how do you feel about that?" Thats literally asked every other question.

To be fair, they're asking questions the casual fan is interested in. The casual fan does not know Mike, Will, Sam, or defensive coverages and gap responsibilities.

Edited by Vee-Rex

1 minute ago, Vee-Rex said:

To be fair, they're asking questions the casual fan is interested in. The casual fan does not know Mike, Will, Sam, or defensive coverages and gap responsibilities.

I guess, I just feel like there is a way to have a balance of softball questions and mixing in one or two about actual football abilities

47 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Are those casual fans watch post draft pressers though?  I mean, making things relevant to the lowest common denominator is pretty boring imo.

And some of this stuff is just common sense, tbh.  If you can’t put two and two together on that one, go root for the Steelers.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Phillips had the most ability to transform our team. If he becomes an impact linebacker, we are GOLDEN. 

His floor is league average starter IMO. His numbers are great both statistically and athletically, and he is 21.

I think if Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall became studs in this same defense that Woods coached on in Denver. 

I certainly think the 21 year old Jacobs has the potential to develop into role. 

39 inch Vert and 129 broad with a 4.66 

that is extremely athletic and I’m encouraged. He’s so young he has time to grow. 

Edited by brownie man