Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

Finally, with the first three rounds of the NFL Draft complete, we can do a real prediction thread. Still early, and we can do a Final Version around Late July-Early August.

Guys if you are too lazy to look at every schedule and predict game by game (I encourage you do this) you should at least make sure your win total is exactly 256 wins. Totaled up from all wins from every team. There is 256 games in an NFL Season. I looked at some peoples predictions and it came out to 291 wins and was like WTF is this lmao.

So here is my rough draft, I'll probably change quite a bit of this in a few months.

AFC North:

Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

Baltimore Ravens 10-6

Cincinnati Bengals 6-10

Cleveland Browns 5-11

Sorry Raven fans, I feel Pittsburgh ascends back to the top. Their Defense last year was super legit and they were rockin 4th string caliber QBs out there. This year they got Ben back, and I really like the Claypool addition to the WR core. Ravens are still a playoff team 100% though.

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills 11-5

New England Patriots 10-6

Miami Dolphins 6-10

New York Jets 4-12

Don't screw this up Bills. IMO Bills have the Top Defense in the NFL. Although it's damn hard to trust Josh Allen. It's a make of break year for that guy. Even with the QB situation, I cannot fathom Bill missing the playoffs. I think they will get Jake Fromm or Jake Luton today in the draft and that will be their starter over Stidham. As for the Jets, still suffering from the Darnold trade. I just see holes all over that roster.

AFC South:

Tennessee Titans 11-5

Houston Texans 9-7

Indianapolis Colts 6-10

Jacksonville Jaguars 3-13

This is a hard division to predict. But Vrabel is doing a hell of a job over there in Tennessee. And Tannehil/Defense looked legit. And yes, Houston Fans, crazy Bob STILL leads you to the playoffs, and you are STILL stuck with him! The usual wildcard exit. I'm sorry.

AFC West:

Kansas City Chiefs 12-4

Denver Broncos 8-8

Las Vegas Raiders 7-9

Los Angeles Chargers 7-9

This is going to be a really good division. No scrubs, that's for sure. IMO this will be the last year that the Chiefs are dominant, they are about to be in cap hell and also lose Chris Jones. Broncos, Chargers, Raiders rosters are looking very solid. Sorry my fellow Raider fans, I think we are still one year away from the playoffs. But we are gonna be very, very good soon. Anyone who gives us 5 or less wins is just being an epic hater.

NFC North:

Minnesota Vikings 11-5

Green Bay Packers 9-7

Chicago Bears 5-11

Detroit Lions 5-11

I think the Vikings have a great roster, and the better HC. Packers were 13-3 last season, but they got beat up bad by better teams. Real bad. Then again, Minnesota did as well. I may swap Minny/GB at some point... but for now Minnesota has my vote for division winner. I think the Lions will be horrible, I just do not believe in Matt Patricia as a Head Coach what so ever.

NFC East:

Washington Redskins 11-5

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

Dallas Cowboys 5-11

New York Giants 3-13

Alright, alright.. I know. Ridiculous. This hinges on Alex Smith, though. I'm in the 5% minority that thinks he comes back. And he'll take Haskins job by Week 4 who I think is horrible (sorry Redskin fans). Reports come out all the time he's still on pace with his comeback and he still wants to play. You can give Alex Smith all the flak you want, this man QB's playoff teams. And he was also 6-2 on this Redskin team before injury. Add in Ron Rivera, one of the very best Head Coaches in football. And Chase Young... look what happened with the 49ers and Nick Bosa last year. I actually really like the Redskin Roster as well.

This pick will probably change depending on Alex Smith's situation.

As for the Giants, Gettlemen gets axed. And the Cowboys? They lost Byron Jones and picked a WR in the 1st Round.... plus I'm not sold on McCarthy even a tiny bit...

NFC South:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12-4

New Orleans Saints 11-5

Atlanta Falcons 6-10

Carolina Panthers 4-12

Buccaneers and Saints look damn, damn good on paper. Buccaneers got Gronk, and got a starting RT and FS in the draft. Their only two holes on the entire roster. Bucs had a Top 5 Defense last year, which a lot of people don't know (DVOA). Tom Brady still has juice. Bruce Arians has unfinished business. The Bucs are coming!

Saints are also going All-In for the Super Bowl as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Bucs-Saints is like 49ers/Seahawks of 2013, and they are the two best teams in the NFL.

Falcons end up sucking and Quinn finally gets fired.

NFC West:

Seattle Seahawks 11-5

San Francisco 49ers 11-5

Arizona Cardinals 8-8

Los Angeles Rams 7-9

Very good division. This was a hard one. I ended up deciding Seattle wins the division with some kind of tie breaker.

AFC Seeding:

1) Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

2) Kansas City Chiefs 12-4

3) Buffalo Bills 11-5

4) Tennessee Titans 11-5

5) Baltimore Ravens 10-6

6) New England Patriots 10-6

7) Houston Texans 9-7

NFC Seeding:

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12-4

2) Minnesota Vikings 11-5

3) Seattle Seahawks 11-5

4) Washington Redskins 11-5

5) New Orleans Saints 11-5

6) San Francisco 49ers 11-5

7) Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

Not gonna predict the playoffs until July.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Wow, some of your predictions are just flat out terrible.  

There's no way Pittsburgh is going to win the AFC North.  Yeah, they'll probably be 2nd, but no way that they're going to be better than Baltimore. 

Baltimore just had the best draft of any team in the league.  Their talent is absolutely stacked. 

Yeah, Ben comes back, but he's limping back.  Pittsburgh just keeps patching up Ben and putting more bubble wrap around him and he's "good to go!"  

And, I honestly don't understand why you would put Washington at the top of the NFC East.  Dallas has ten times more talent than they do, and they finally have a coach that can get them where they need to be.  

But seriously, Dallas has amazing talent on both sides of the football.  And, for you to not be sold on Mike McCarthy is a joke when he won a Super Bowl right after shipping Favre for Rodgers.  McCarthy is the best thing that has happened to Dallas in 20 years.  

I wouldn't be so quick to write Chicago off at 5-11.  If Nick Foles wins that starting job, look out.  

They have a defense with potential, so all they need is a QB to set them on course.  Not saying that they'll win their division with Foles, but they could be good enough to make the playoffs.  

And, I have some serious issues with your predictions for the NFC South.  

While I honestly didn't think Brady would get close to clinching the south whenever he got to Tampa Bay, things have changed significantly since they invited Gronk to the party.  

However, Brees still has more talent and youth around him than Brady does.  They just grabbed a big target for Brees and a great linebacker for the defense.  Although New Orleans was sitting pretty comfortable before the draft, they definitely acquired some attributes.  

And, having Atlanta go as bad as 6-10 is just simply inaccurate.  

Gurley is one of those dual purpose RBs that's going to add another dimension for Matt Ryan.  While the competition is tough in their division, I don't think they're going to be as terrible as you're labeling them.  

It is too early....but I'm bored. So....

AFC North:

Baltimore Ravens: 14-2

Pittsburgh Steelers: 10-6

Cleveland Browns: 10-6

Cincinnati Bengals: 7-9

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills: 11-5

New England Patriots: 8-8

Miami Dolphins: 8-8

New York Jets: 6-10

AFC South:

Tennessee Titans: 11-5

Houston Texans: 9-7

Indianapolis Colts: 8-8

Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-11

AFC West:

Kansas City Chiefs: 13-3

Denver Broncos: 9-7

Las Vegas Raiders: 7-9

Los Angeles Chargers: 7-9

NFC North:

Green Bay Packers: 12-4

Minnesota Vikings: 12-4

Chicago Bears: 5-11

Detroit Lions: 4-12

NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys: 12-4

Philly Eagles: 11-5

NYG: 8-8

Washignton Redskins: 7-9

NFC South:

New Orleans Saints: 13-3

Tampa Bay Buccs: 10-6

Atlanta Falcons: 6-10

Carolina Panthers: 4-12

NFC West:

San Francisco 49ers: 12-4

Seattle Seahawks: 10-6

LAR: 8-8

Arizona Cardinals 7-6

Most improved teams - Buccs, Giants, Bengals, Broncos, Cards and Cowboys.

Lions, Jags and Panthers battling it out for Trev. \

SB. Let's go...Vikings vs Ravens

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

Washington Redskins 11-5

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12-4

These teams are way too high IMO. Steelers might struggle to win 8 games. I know Big Ben will be back, but the division will be more difficult, and being a year older and out of football for a year, with lesser weapons around him, I am not sure he will be the Ben you need him to be to go 12-4. I don't even know where to start on the Redskins pick, so I'll just skip it. The Bucs are going to be a MUCH improved team. Brady has all the weapons around him, but I think he is going to be an average starting QB with good pieces around him. They likely sneak into the playoffs, but not at 12-4

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Baltimore Ravens 10-6

Indianapolis Colts 6-10

New York Giants 3-13

These teams are too low. The Ravens overplayed at 14-2 last season, but I would argue their roster is BETTER this year. While their division will be a little bit better, I think this is a team that is the odds on favorite for a 1st round bye, not simply a 10 win team. I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Colts. They really had a solid team last year, and bringing in Rivers is going to be a huge boost. I actually have them as my division winner, but I think at worst they are a .500 team. I think the Giants are doing the right things to help their offense grow. The young skill players continue to progress and they have had a solid draft so far. They are not a playoff team, but I think they will be closer to 8-8 than being the first overall pick. 

Just my $0.02

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It is too early....but I'm bored. So....

Most improved teams - Buccs, Giants, Bengals, Broncos, Cards and Cowboys.

Lions, Jags and Panthers battling it out for Trev. \

SB. Let's go...Vikings vs Ravens

I agree with most of what you have here. Like you, I think the AFC North and West will be much improved. I think you are giving a little too much credit to the NFC East and the AFC East (I think the Dolphins, Jets, and Redskins will be REALLY bad again, and the Cowboys and Eagles will again battle it out to see who can get to 10 wins to win the division)

But overall, I am on the same page as you

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

These teams are way too high IMO. Steelers might struggle to win 8 games. I know Big Ben will be back, but the division will be more difficult, and being a year older and out of football for a year, with lesser weapons around him, I am not sure he will be the Ben you need him to be to go 12-4. I don't even know where to start on the Redskins pick, so I'll just skip it. The Bucs are going to be a MUCH improved team. Brady has all the weapons around him, but I think he is going to be an average starting QB with good pieces around him. They likely sneak into the playoffs, but not at 12-4

These teams are too low. The Ravens overplayed at 14-2 last season, but I would argue their roster is BETTER this year. While their division will be a little bit better, I think this is a team that is the odds on favorite for a 1st round bye, not simply a 10 win team. I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Colts. They really had a solid team last year, and bringing in Rivers is going to be a huge boost. I actually have them as my division winner, but I think at worst they are a .500 team. I think the Giants are doing the right things to help their offense grow. The young skill players continue to progress and they have had a solid draft so far. They are not a playoff team, but I think they will be closer to 8-8 than being the first overall pick. 

Just my $0.02

Lets not forget the Ravens have the easiest schedule in the league by far!! 

7 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Wow, some of your predictions are just flat out terrible.  

There's no way Pittsburgh is going to win the AFC North.  Yeah, they'll probably be 2nd, but no way that they're going to be better than Baltimore. 

Baltimore just had the best draft of any team in the league.  Their talent is absolutely stacked. 

Yeah, Ben comes back, but he's limping back.  Pittsburgh just keeps patching up Ben and putting more bubble wrap around him and he's "good to go!"  

And, I honestly don't understand why you would put Washington at the top of the NFC East.  Dallas has ten times more talent than they do, and they finally have a coach that can get them where they need to be.  

But seriously, Dallas has amazing talent on both sides of the football.  And, for you to not be sold on Mike McCarthy is a joke when he won a Super Bowl right after shipping Favre for Rodgers.  McCarthy is the best thing that has happened to Dallas in 20 years.  

I wouldn't be so quick to write Chicago off at 5-11.  If Nick Foles wins that starting job, look out.  

They have a defense with potential, so all they need is a QB to set them on course.  Not saying that they'll win their division with Foles, but they could be good enough to make the playoffs.  

And, I have some serious issues with your predictions for the NFC South.  

While I honestly didn't think Brady would get close to clinching the south whenever he got to Tampa Bay, things have changed significantly since they invited Gronk to the party.  

However, Brees still has more talent and youth around him than Brady does.  They just grabbed a big target for Brees and a great linebacker for the defense.  Although New Orleans was sitting pretty comfortable before the draft, they definitely acquired some attributes.  

And, having Atlanta go as bad as 6-10 is just simply inaccurate.  

Gurley is one of those dual purpose RBs that's going to add another dimension for Matt Ryan.  While the competition is tough in their division, I don't think they're going to be as terrible as you're labeling them.  

How about you post your own predictions instead of talking trash. Hate when people do this. Post your own opinion if you’re gonna rip apart someone elses. 

The NFL playoffs usually look absolutely nothing like the previous year. Worlds apart.

• Like 7

I don't have any predictions but as always the playoffs will be full of surprise teams. Nothing like this past year or the year before and so on.

I could see the Broncos being the surprise team of the season while other 11-12 win teams fall off and just win 6-8 games despite people thinking every good team from last year will be good again (except the Patriots for obvious reasons).

i think there's a real chance the texans implode and the colts give the AFCS a real run for their money. i can't really decide whether rivers was truly washed last year or just needed a change of scenery, but indy is a good landing spot for him. if he can play at a solid level they'll be dangerous. meanwhile, it seems like things in houston have the potential to turn kind of messy between BOB and the team. i'd be equally unsurprised if they do their usual thing and make the WC round or if they turn into a total tire fire.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1) Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

2) Kansas City Chiefs 12-4

3) Buffalo Bills 11-5

4) Tennessee Titans 11-5

5) Baltimore Ravens 10-6

6) New England Patriots 10-6

7) Houston Texans 9-7

Props for trying.

However, when in NFL history has every team from a conference gone back to the playoffs after being in them the year before?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

7 teams now otherwise Steelers replace Texans.

Still, his point stands. People need to forget 2019 and look at 2020 as truly a new year. There is always turnover in the playoffs.

Typically yearly avg for each conference is 3 out and 3 in. This year prolly 3 out and 4 in. 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Still, his point stands. People need to forget 2019 and look at 2020 as truly a new year. There is always turnover in the playoffs.

Typically yearly avg for each conference is 3 out and 3 in. This year prolly 3 out and 4 in. 

I agree, I have the Redskins winning the division. There's always one crazy team that comes out of no where. I have four new division winners in the NFC.

I also have three new division winners in the AFC. 7 in total.

I'd say my predictions are plenty bold enough....