Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

Trading for Darnold has nothing to do with why we were bad. Bad drafting and team building was why.

Darnold didnt ignore the ol for a decade.  Or not draft playmakers,  or not address edge or cb. 

For the first time in a decade the jets have a gm that seems to have a clue.

We arent there but we have a better team than last years, schedule is tough and I dont trust gase but with a actual ol i expect the offense to be better than the historically bad ol we had last season. The defense is a #1 cb and edge away from elite status.

11 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Trading for Darnold has nothing to do with why we were bad. Bad drafting and team building was why.

Darnold didnt ignore the ol for a decade.  Or not draft playmakers,  or not address edge or cb. 

For the first time in a decade the jets have a gm that seems to have a clue.

We arent there but we have a better team than last years, schedule is tough and I dont trust gase but with a actual ol i expect the offense to be better than the historically bad ol we had last season. The defense is a #1 cb and edge away from elite status.

Tbqh if the GM knew what he was doing Gase would be gone.

Did have an extremely solid draft though

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Tbqh if the GM knew what he was doing Gase would be gone.

Did have an extremely solid draft though

He has no say over firing the HC, only ownership can do that one. 

But gase was the guy who got maccagnan fired and Douglas hired. He got our awful scouting department reworked which was huge.

Gase didnt have anything to work with last season,  historically bad ol that ruined everything and loads of injuries. He has a lot to prove still but he wasn't in a easy spot last season 

Steelers went 8-8 last year with scoring 1 offensive td or less in 9 straight games to end the year and yet people want to blast them wren someone puts them as winning the division???

How dare anybody just not hand it to the Ravens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Steelers went 8-8 last year with scoring 1 offensive td or less in 9 straight games to end the year and yet people want to blast them wren someone puts them as winning the division???

How dare anybody just not hand it to the Ravens?

People?

Theres been all of 1 person who’s done that in this thread.

And that person - to my knowledge - is a steelers fan.

Trying to start the “we get no respect” narrative pretty early this offseason, huh?

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

People?

Theres been all of 1 person who’s done that in this thread.

And that person - to my knowledge - is a steelers fan.

Trying to start the “we get no respect” narrative pretty early this offseason, huh?

Multiple people thought it was ridiculous.

I don’t care to push a narrative, it’s a football forum in April, I just simply stated a fact.

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Multiple people thought it was ridiculous.

I don’t care to push a narrative, it’s a football forum in April, I just simply stated a fact.

Except you didn’t?

Multiple people didn’t “blast” the Steelers winning the division. You realize people can read the thread right lol. One guy - a steelers fan - did. Literally one other person in the thread said “Steelers win total may be too high IMO” and gave a thought out opinion as to why. A bit dramatic to see what’s been written here and jump to a “oh how DAREEEEE people not hand it to the Ravens amirite?!” but that’s your prerogative.

But theres no collective sense of handing anything to the Ravens - at least not in this thread. 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Except you didn’t?

Multiple people didn’t “blast” the Steelers winning the division. You realize people can read the thread right lol. One guy - a steelers fan - did. Literally one other person in the thread said “Steelers win total may be too high IMO” and gave a thought out opinion as to why. A bit dramatic to see what’s been written here and jump to a “oh how DAREEEEE people not hand it to the Ravens amirite?!” but that’s your prerogative.

But theres no collective sense of handing anything to the Ravens - at least not in this thread. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I said the Steelers scored 1 offensive td or less in 9 straight games last year...that’s the fact.

Ramblinmsm and tk3 both thought it was stupid to suggest the Steelers winning the division...I’m not aware of either being a Steelers fan as I rarely post outside tgrSteelers forum.

So in the end I’m not sure what you’re going after...if you wanna respond again, go ahead, I won’t be.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:35 AM, BayRaider said:

Washington Redskins 11-5

Alright, alright.. I know. Ridiculous. This hinges on Alex Smith, though. I'm in the 5% minority that thinks he comes back. And he'll take Haskins job by Week 4 who I think is horrible (sorry Redskin fans). Reports come out all the time he's still on pace with his comeback and he still wants to play. You can give Alex Smith all the flak you want, this man QB's playoff teams.

This stands out to me as by far the most questionable prediction. It really doesn't make sense no matter how you slice it.

To start, the notion that Smith could come back at all, let alone come back healthy and playing at a high level (without rust) during a limited offseason, is almost insurmountable. On top of that, Alex Smith - even at his very best - isn't good enough to go 11-1 or 10-2 as a starter with this team to fulfill your prediction (assuming in this scenario Haskins would have to start the season 0-4 or 1-3 to lose the starting gig).

In addition to that, Haskins being a bust or not (as your predict), you're never going to give up on him after 4 weeks. In no scenario is that a reasonable option for the best interest of the Redskins. At minimum - minimum -  you're starting him for half the season. I can't imagine a scenario (injury notwithstanding) where he wouldn't be the preferred option at QB through 17 weeks, just based on exhausting the Haskins as a starting option. I'm not a Haskins fan, but he isn't that bad.

I appreciate you putting in the effort putting this together, but this was a real head scratcher.

Colts are probably playoff team last year with more consistent QB play. They were in almost every game. Maybe that 6-10 prediction is based on Rivers being toast but we don’t know that yet. 

Also it’s not like the Colts are going to heavily rely on Rivers. Colts have a great OL, good run game and a improved and athletic defense. 

Edited by Blackstar12

Posting in this one purely because it was started before the other one. Forum etiquette. Also I'm not going to double-check the win totals measure up exactly, because who cares? The real point is predicting how teams will stack up rather than exact win totals. 

AFC North
Baltimore 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Browns 9-7
Bengals 6-10

East
Buffalo 13-3
Miami 8-8
New England 7-9
NY Jets 6-10

South
Indianapolis 11-5
Tennessee 9-7
Houston 7-9
Jacksonville 4-12

West
Kansas City 14-2
Denver 10-6
LA Chargers 8-8
Las Vegas 7-9

1) KC
2) Buffalo
3) Baltimore
4) Indianapolis
5) Denver 
6) Pittsburgh
7) Tennessee 

NFC North
Minnesota 11-5
Chicago 10-6
Green Bay 8-8
Detroit 6-10

East
Dallas 12-4
Philadelphia 9-7
NY Giants 7-9
Washington 6-10

South
New Orleans 12-4
Tampa Bay 12-4
Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 5-11

West
San Francisco 11-5
Arizona 10-6
LA Rams 8-8
Seattle 7-9

1) New Orleans
2) Dallas
3) San Francisco
4) Minnesota
5) Tampa Bay
6) Arizona
7) Chicago 

54 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Posting in this one purely because it was started before the other one. Forum etiquette. Also I'm not going to double-check the win totals measure up exactly, because who cares? The real point is predicting how teams will stack up rather than exact win totals. 

AFC North
Baltimore 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Browns 9-7
Bengals 6-10

East
Buffalo 13-3
Miami 8-8
New England 7-9
NY Jets 6-10

South
Indianapolis 11-5
Tennessee 9-7
Houston 7-9
Jacksonville 4-12

West
Kansas City 14-2
Denver 10-6
LA Chargers 8-8
Las Vegas 7-9

1) KC
2) Buffalo
3) Baltimore
4) Indianapolis
5) Denver 
6) Pittsburgh
7) Tennessee 

NFC North
Minnesota 11-5
Chicago 10-6
Green Bay 8-8
Detroit 6-10

East
Dallas 12-4
Philadelphia 9-7
NY Giants 7-9
Washington 6-10

South
New Orleans 12-4
Tampa Bay 12-4
Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 5-11

West
San Francisco 11-5
Arizona 10-6
LA Rams 8-8
Seattle 7-9

1) New Orleans
2) Dallas
3) San Francisco
4) Minnesota
5) Tampa Bay
6) Arizona
7) Chicago 

This is way off. There can only be 256 wins in the NFL. You have 283.