Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

On 5/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills having to face Brady in the Super Bowl would be the most Billsy thing ever.

Poetic justice for us to break through against him in the super bowl.

I’ll be honest though if that mf beat us in this situation I’d never watch football again. Like, i couldn’t even imagine a more heart breaking situation as a Bills fan. This dude would have to be put in jail for murdering an entire franchise, and fan base.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’ll be honest though if that mf beat us in this situation I’d never watch football again. Like, i couldn’t even imagine a more heart breaking situation as a Bills fan. This dude would have to be put in jail for murdering an entire franchise, and fan base.

It’d end like this game did. Just swap Ben for Brady.

On 2020-04-25 at 3:41 PM, -Hope- said:

i think there's a real chance the texans implode and the colts give the AFCS a real run for their money. i can't really decide whether rivers was truly washed last year or just needed a change of scenery, but indy is a good landing spot for him. if he can play at a solid level they'll be dangerous. meanwhile, it seems like things in houston have the potential to turn kind of messy between BOB and the team. i'd be equally unsurprised if they do their usual thing and make the WC round or if they turn into a total tire fire.

I see them going down a similar road the Cowboys did last year. Lots of talent and lots to prove still but dysfunctionality will put the breaks on them sooner or later. 7th seed material sounds about right.

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Would that be worse than NE still being good enough to win the Div? Wouldn't THAT be more Billsy...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would that be worse than NE still being good enough to win the Div? Wouldn't THAT be more Billsy...?

I mean that would be pretty bad as well lol but getting to the top of the mountain and being thrown off by Tom would be worse. We are more accustomed to the division thing so yes it would be more Billsy but it wouldn’t hurt as much.

However i would be very surprised if the Pats won the division this season

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I mean that would be pretty bad as well lol but getting to the top of the mountain and being thrown off by Tom would be worse. We are more accustomed to the division thing so yes it would be more Billsy but it wouldn’t hurt as much.

However i would be very surprised if the Pats won the division this season

So would I. I'd also be surprised if the SB was Buffalo vs TB to be honest :D

16 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Relatedly, I feel like for all of this talk about the Pats maybe being okay with tanking, I feel like Belichek would take more pleasure out of just winning the AFC East this season with Jacob Stidplum at QB than he did most of his Super Bowls and I can't see him being okay with not going for it at all. This is basically his AFC East heat check season. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

Relatedly, I feel like for all of this talk about the Pats maybe being okay with tanking, I feel like Belichek would take more pleasure out of just winning the AFC East this season with Jacob Stidplum than he did most of his Super Bowls. This is basically his AFC East heat check season. 

Agreed. He surely can't expect to go far, but I think any talk of NE tanking is ridiculous. This is BB, the league's thorn. 

...anyway, I thought it was mostly Belichick why NE won all the time. That's not changed :P

AFC East:

1. Patriots*

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

Similar to how I began writing them in as the Super Bowl participant, I can't pick another team to win this division until I see it happen. The Bills *should* win it easily, which should be terrifying for Bills fans - in this scenario this is the 2020 version of the NFC East

AFC South:

1. Colts*

2. Texans*

3. Titans

4. Jaguars

Prior to last season, Tannehil and Henry were just average NFL players - last year strikes me as a "lightning in a bottle" situation that won't be repeated - for me, the Colts are the most talented team in the division and the Texans have Watson

AFC North:

1. Browns*

2. Steelers*

3. Ravens

4. Bengals

When teams have a season like the Ravens did last year, the following season is almost always a gigantic letdown. I'm sure the 1999 Vikings, 2000 Rams, 2008 Patriots were all thinking Super Bowl - and none got close and experienced massive regression in W/L column - the Ravens seemed to have an amazing draft, and I can't point to any specific deficiency on their team, save for thinking their defense could end up being average, and every DC in the NFL that will play them is studying their offense right now - I still see them winning 8 or 9 games. The 2019 Chiefs are the one team that went from record breaking offense to Super Bowl in recent memory - however, their division was awful, while the Ravens division looks to be pretty tough

AFC West:

1. Chiefs*

2. Chargers*

3. Broncos

4. Raiders

The Chargers have the talent - if they can stay relatively healthy, I think they'll end up around 9 wins and grab a wildcard - but this was a hard division to rank. After the Chiefs I think any team could finish anywhere from 2-4

NFC East:

1. Eagles*

2. Cowboys

3. Redskins

4. Giants

This is assuming health for Carson Wentz, which might be insane at this point, but if he can stay healthy, he's better than Dak, I think he's better than Dak, plain and simple. The Eagles defense has a chance to be scary good

NFC South:

1. Saints*

2. Falcons*

3. Bucs*

4. Panthers

Could see this being similar to 2017 where the Saints/Falcons/Panthers were all in lockstep all season long. I feel for Panthers fans this year...

NFC North:

1. Vikings*

2. Lions

3. Packers

4. Bears

This is also assuming that Stafford stays healthy, although the Lions at 2 here means little - I think regression will be coming HARD for the Packers, while the Bears QB situation is one of the worst in the NFL

NFC West:

1. Rams*

2. Niners*

3. Cardinals

4. Seahawks

The Rams are an easy pick here - things change rapidly in the NFL, as the Niners showed the Rams last year. Rams return the favor, and are still one of the most talented teams in the NFL. Cardinals are more competitive but I'm not sure about Murray, the OL is questionable, and the defense is probably still below average. I also don't think they'll have much of a running game. The boldest part of this is probably Seattle in last, but regression should be coming hard for them too - although I believe they'll still win 7-8 games

For the NFC, I think the NFC West will decimate the NFC East (although as sure as the sun rises, the Eagles will beat the Rams) and the NFC South will obliterate the North - I think both division winners for the East and North will finish around 9-10 wins, the Cowboys win around 8 and everyone else in those divisions finishes with top 12 picks

*Disclaimer* Take with a grain of salt and a beach of bias.

Seeing a lot of Rams in last place. Even a 5-11 (predicting injuries? maybe?). I know it's a tough division for sure, but I'm not sure where I'm seeing 11 losses.

9-7 last year was a "bad" year with a lot of injuries that provided valuable experience to young guys. The league "figured" out McVay but he still had the 7th best O last year. The league is insane on "what have you done for me lately".

Other than our hellscape of a division, it's a pretty favorable schedule this year facing the AFC and NFC East's. Plus no one has home field advantage this year:D

Their OL started to come together very nicely last year and it's clear they're confident in them (I'm not, but I'm not paid to be). They had the least sacks, but bad in the run game. I hate taking high RBs but thankfully Cam Akers has experience behind bad OL's.

Replacing Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley won't be as difficult as some think. It's just because they are big names.

The Cards will improve, but I think way too much stock is placed in a single WR. They limped to the finish line last year and OL isn't much improved although Josh Jones seems nice. Sean also seems to just have their number. Don't fact check me but I believe he has 30+ in all 6 of their games.

The Niners will be the Niners. I think some SB loss hangover but not much. It's a cliche because it's based in truth (unless you're the Pats). So until it doesn't, I'll assume a game of regression. Trent Williams is a great addition, but Staley kind of cancels it out. Interested to see rest vs rust.

Seahawks are the most baffling to me. I never know. I always expect them to fall, but Russ keeps them holding on by a thread. One year I'll predict the fall correctly I just know it.

Rams bite the cap bullet this year, get a WC spot and gear up for an improved 2021.

NFC West:

Niners 12-4 

Rams 10-6

Cards 8-8

Seahawks 7-9

Rest of the league non record predictions:

Broncos are the surprise team of the year

I'm able to hedge comfortably my 50-1 Bucs ticket from February

Packers disappoint

I bet the over for every Cowboys game

Bills ride a great D...efense to the AFC Champ game

Chiefs repeat fairly easily

We look back at all our draft grades and were wrong because no one knows anything until year 3.

OR

None of this comes true because the logo is so bad the players sit out, refuse to play and Rams go 0-16. I see this as more likely.

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, btfd16 said:

*Disclaimer* Take with a grain of salt and a beach of bias.

Seeing a lot of Rams in last place. Even a 5-11 (predicting injuries? maybe?). I know it's a tough division for sure, but I'm not sure where I'm seeing 11 losses.

9-7 last year was a "bad" year with a lot of injuries that provided valuable experience to young guys. The league "figured" out McVay but he still had the 7th best O last year. The league is insane on "what have you done for me lately".

Other than our hellscape of a division, it's a pretty favorable schedule this year facing the AFC and NFC East's. Plus no one has home field advantage this year:D

Their OL started to come together very nicely last year and it's clear they're confident in them (I'm not, but I'm not paid to be). They had the least sacks, but bad in the run game. I hate taking high RBs but thankfully Cam Akers has experience behind bad OL's.

Replacing Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley won't be as difficult as some think. It's just because they are big names.

The Cards will improve, but I think way too much stock is placed in a single WR. They limped to the finish line last year and OL isn't much improved although Josh Jones seems nice. Sean also seems to just have their number. Don't fact check me but I believe he has 30+ in all 6 of their games.

The Niners will be the Niners. I think some SB loss hangover but not much. It's a cliche because it's based in truth (unless you're the Pats). So until it doesn't, I'll assume a game of regression. Trent Williams is a great addition, but Staley kind of cancels it out. Interested to see rest vs rust.

Seahawks are the most baffling to me. I never know. I always expect them to fall, but Russ keeps them holding on by a thread. One year I'll predict the fall correctly I just know it.

Rams bite the cap bullet this year, get a WC spot and gear up for an improved 2021.

NFC West:

Niners 12-4 

Rams 10-6

Cards 8-8

Seahawks 7-9

Rest of the league non record predictions:

Broncos are the surprise team of the year

I'm able to hedge comfortably my 50-1 Bucs ticket from February

Packers disappoint

I bet the over for every Cowboys game

Bills ride a great D...efense to the AFC Champ game

Chiefs repeat fairly easily

We look back at all our draft grades and were wrong because no one knows anything until year 3.

OR

None of this comes true because the logo is so bad the players sit out, refuse to play and Rams go 0-16. I see this as more likely.

Bummed the Broncos got a rough  schedule

After looking at the official schedule.

AFC WEST:
1. Chiefs
2. Raiders*
3. Broncos
4. Chargers

AFC SOUTH:
1. Colts
2. Titans*
3. Texans
4. Jaguars