2020 NFL Draft - Day Three Discussion

RpMc

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

We are a two-TE set team with only one long term TE (unless one believes they sign Conklin to the elusive second contract). And the one TE we have is a receiving TE, we need a TE who can receive while primarily being a blocking TE. Especially since we are a running team. And you can grab one with 253, your 15th pick? You're questioning wanting that?

So we should ignore the fact that TE are bigger players and there are other better ones available because he is from Randy Moss's sperm?

My point about cult like behavior seems all the more true.

1 minute ago, solidvikingfan said:

So we should ignore the fact that TE are bigger players and there are other better ones available because he is from Randy Moss's sperm?

My point about cult like behavior seems all the more true.

This is a weird post. Not sure it's worth replying to. The guy made a lot of plays on a national championship team as a weapon. He is a better blocker. That's what we need. Show us this better TE. 

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

This is a weird post. Not sure it's worth replying to. The guy made a lot of plays on a national championship team as a weapon. He is a better blocker. That's what we need. Show us this better TE. 

Better prototypes is what I meant.

Show me the 6 foot 2 inch TEs in the modern NFL.

Edited by solidvikingfan

13 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Better prototypes is what I meant.

Show me the 6 foot 2 inch TEs in the modern NFL.

I really wish I could find one for you. But there are no 6'2" TEs in sight. Not on the Vikings right now for certain. 

Jordan Reed, a pro bowler is 6'2".

Niles Paul recently played about a decade for the Redskins and Jags at 6'1". Was a frequent starter who was often derailed by injuries.

Trey Burton for the Colts has had a long productive career at 6'2".

There are going to be a good amount of TEs who are that height, at the caliber and utility position we would hypothetically ask Thad to be. I'm not going to spend forever going through 32 rosters.

This would be to replace Conklin as a better fit for our scheme. Conklin is only 1" taller than Thad. This isn't an amusement park ride. They're not going to not look at a replacement just because he is one inch shorter. You have the "modern" part wrong anyway. The modern TEs can be shorter. That's besides my point because we wouldn't ask Moss to be that, but that's still wrong.

Edited by Duluther