2020 NFL Draft - Day Three Discussion

RpMc

I would really like to add Ben Bartch today.  He kind of reminds me of Artis Hicks where he could be a very good backup that can play both OG and OT spots.  He would also add a little insurance in a scenario where Ezra Cleveland doesn’t pan out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I wanted Wanogho before we got Cleveland.   Does anyone think he could convert to G? Would love Biadasz and one of Tyler Johnson or Peoples-Jones. 

He or Saahdig Charles are guys I could see the transition attempt to guard maybe Ben Bartch as well.

Just now, Kparty15 said:

I would really like to add Ben Bartch today.  He kind of reminds me of Artis Hicks where he could be a very good backup that can play both OG and OT spots.  He would also add a little insurance in a scenario where Ezra Cleveland doesn’t pan out.

We might have too many bodies at OL. Cleveland, O’Neill, Hill and Udoh at Tackle is fine. Reiff, Samia and Elflein at OG. Bradbury and Jones at Center. Honestly, any OL drafted at this point may struggle to make the final roster against some of the vets on the team.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

We might have too many bodies at OL. Cleveland, O’Neill, Hill and Udoh at Tackle is fine. Reiff, Samia and Elflein at OG. Bradbury and Jones at Center. Honestly, any OL drafted at this point may struggle to make the final roster against some of the vets on the team.

Hill could find himself replaced by Udoh this year given his age/contract status, Reiff is still a tackle, and we only have Dakota Dozier as depth at guard - I'd expect at least one more interior lineman to be drafted today.

Jones is also just a bubble player that could easily be replaced with Elflein becoming the swing interior player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I expect Rick to draft a TE too because I don't think he's ever not drafted one. 

I wish they would have got Trautman late 3rd, but traded the pick to the Saints and they picked him.  Kid loves to block and would be a nice replacement for Morgan and a much better pass catcher than he is.  Tough guy with elite quickness and hands I think, he could have been a great 3rd TE and might be time to move on from Conklin but maybe they still have faith in the guy.  

Just now, Frank Costello said:

Would love to see us package as many 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks as we can and move up in the 4th as many times as we can. 

I could see us doing that, no way they keep all 13 picks or whatever they have currently.  They need a safety 4th round I think before they are all gone.  DE, OG, S in the third round would be great and if they could add a 4th 3rd rounder and get a WR even better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I could see us doing that, no way they keep all 13 picks or whatever they have currently.  They need a safety 4th round I think before they are all gone.  DE, OG, S in the third round would be great and if they could add a 4th 3rd rounder and get a WR even better.

My thoughts exactly. The 4th round is a second chance to reevaluate your board, reprocess who's left and find some true gems.  The more picks we have in the 4th the better. I know Spielman will be working those phones today for sure. 

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

I hope that we aren't done drafting linemen.  I would draft Bartch and Muti if I could.

No kidding. The team still has two starting guard spots for '21 up in the air. I would take Simpson and Muti. I wouldn't mind also adding Bartch after that.

Right now the only guy on the team that I believe has a reasonable chance to grow into a starting role at G for '21 is Dru Samia and I have serious doubts about the propect of that happening given the team's lack of playing him last year, or even making him active to be a backup, when the starting guards were out injured.

The team does need a couple more D-line players and DBs too along with another WR. It is a good thing they have 13 picks.