Where We Go On Day 3 Of The Draft

Just Want A Title

The Lions have done a nice job of adding players who should have an immediate impact for them next season.  We have picked potential starters at CB, RB and G.  We have a solid developmental DE in Julian Okwara.  We still have an immediate need at P.  We also need to add WR and maybe a tackle.  You could make the argument that we still need a young DT but I am not so sure that is an immediate need.  Where do you think we go in the remaining rounds?  Thoughts?

I was just thinking about the players Patricia/Quinn have signed and it signals to me that they are moving to more of a 3-4 defense. Which we saw more of as the season wore on last year. 

I don’t think DT is the need some people think it is. 

I expect us to draft another OL (possibly early) and then maybe depth at WR/TE.

I don’t think Quinntricia think WR is as big a need as we do either. I could see them taking a late flier on a guy but I think they are comfortable with what we have right now. 

WR-Kenny Golloday/Travis Fulgham 

WR-Marvin Jones Jr/Geronimo Allison

WR-Danny Amendola/Marvin Hall Jr.

TE-TJ Hockenson/Jesse James/Isaac Nauta

RB-Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

RB-D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I was just thinking about the players Patricia/Quinn have signed and it signals to me that they are moving to more of a 3-4 defense. Which we saw more of as the season wore on last year. 

I don’t think DT is the need some people think it is. 

I expect us to draft another OL (possibly early) and then maybe depth at WR/TE.

I don’t think Quinntricia think WR is as big a need as we do either. I could see them taking a late flier on a guy but I think they are comfortable with what we have right now. 

WR-Kenny Golloday/Travis Fulgham 

WR-Marvin Jones Jr/Geronimo Allison

WR-Danny Amendola/Marvin Hall Jr.

TE-TJ Hockenson/Jesse James/Isaac Nauta

RB-Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

RB-D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson

WR is a need right now that will be huge need if/when Quinn decides to let Kenny or MJJ walk (or both walk). Sit on your hands in the deepest WR class in recent history when you could be stocking up for the future on a couple young talented dudes on the cheap? Welcome to taking one in the 1st round despite massive talent available at other positions next year because Quinn did Quinn things.

30 minutes ago, Miblue said:

WR is a need right now that will be huge need if/when Quinn decides to let Kenny or MJJ walk (or both walk). Sit on your hands in the deepest WR class in recent history when you could be stocking up for the future on a couple young talented dudes on the cheap? Welcome to taking one in the 1st round despite massive talent available at other positions next year because Quinn did Quinn things.

This is a deep WR draft. We are on day 3. The top WR are gone. Now you find solid depth. Which goes exactly to my point that the Lions won’t have to reach for one. They can get one late and still find great value. 

• Like 2