Jump to content
Just Want A Title

Where We Go On Day 3 Of The Draft

Recommended Posts

The Lions have done a nice job of adding players who should have an immediate impact for them next season.  We have picked potential starters at CB, RB and G.  We have a solid developmental DE in Julian Okwara.  We still have an immediate need at P.  We also need to add WR and maybe a tackle.  You could make the argument that we still need a young DT but I am not so sure that is an immediate need.  Where do you think we go in the remaining rounds?  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe Antonio Gandy-Golden or Tyler/Colin Johnson

Edited by Miblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about the players Patricia/Quinn have signed and it signals to me that they are moving to more of a 3-4 defense. Which we saw more of as the season wore on last year. 

I don’t think DT is the need some people think it is. 

I expect us to draft another OL (possibly early) and then maybe depth at WR/TE.

I don’t think Quinntricia think WR is as big a need as we do either. I could see them taking a late flier on a guy but I think they are comfortable with what we have right now. 
 

WR-Kenny Golloday/Travis Fulgham 

WR-Marvin Jones Jr/Geronimo Allison

WR-Danny Amendola/Marvin Hall Jr.

TE-TJ Hockenson/Jesse James/Isaac Nauta

RB-Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

RB-D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some guys I would like to see;

WT Tyler Johnson

DT Josiah Coatney

OL Prince Tega Wanogho

DB Brian Cole

QB Anthony Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I was just thinking about the players Patricia/Quinn have signed and it signals to me that they are moving to more of a 3-4 defense. Which we saw more of as the season wore on last year. 

I don’t think DT is the need some people think it is. 

I expect us to draft another OL (possibly early) and then maybe depth at WR/TE.

I don’t think Quinntricia think WR is as big a need as we do either. I could see them taking a late flier on a guy but I think they are comfortable with what we have right now. 
 

WR-Kenny Golloday/Travis Fulgham 

WR-Marvin Jones Jr/Geronimo Allison

WR-Danny Amendola/Marvin Hall Jr.

TE-TJ Hockenson/Jesse James/Isaac Nauta

RB-Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

RB-D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson

 

 

WR is a need right now that will be huge need if/when Quinn decides to let Kenny or MJJ walk (or both walk). Sit on your hands in the deepest WR class in recent history when you could be stocking up for the future on a couple young talented dudes on the cheap? Welcome to taking one in the 1st round despite massive talent available at other positions next year because Quinn did Quinn things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Miblue said:

 

 

WR is a need right now that will be huge need if/when Quinn decides to let Kenny or MJJ walk (or both walk). Sit on your hands in the deepest WR class in recent history when you could be stocking up for the future on a couple young talented dudes on the cheap? Welcome to taking one in the 1st round despite massive talent available at other positions next year because Quinn did Quinn things.

This is a deep WR draft. We are on day 3. The top WR are gone. Now you find solid depth. Which goes exactly to my point that the Lions won’t have to reach for one. They can get one late and still find great value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

OL Prince Tega Wanogho

This one intrigues me. The guy is raw but has tons of upside. If he's there in the 5th, I absolutely spend a pick on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised some guys are still there unless I missed some picks 

Tyler Biadasz

KJ Hill

Bryce Hall

Jake Fromm

Prince Tega Wanogho

Antonio Gandy-Golden

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m surprised some guys are still there unless I missed some picks 

Tyler Biadasz

KJ Hill

Bryce Hall

Jake Fromm

Prince Tega Wanogho

Antonio Gandy-Golden

Most definitely. Those are names that I've always seen mocked in the 2nd/3rd it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×