2020 Draft | Eagles WAR ROOM- Day Three

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've legit never heard of this? Teams take turns on a yearly basis for this...? Gimme the skinny.

divisions take turns every year and an international player is assigned to them. The international player doesnt have to be counted on the practice squad.  So it's pretty much getting a free guy to be with the team and learn for a year. 

I do think if you use the free spot on him he can't be activated during the year however. 

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

I never really thought about just how much backup QB has come into play for us the last two decades. AJ Feeley, Jeff Garcia, Vick, Foles. All filling in for injured starters and performing beyond expectations. You kinda get more of a sense on the thinking from this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I never really thought about just how much backup QB has come into play for us the last two decades. AJ Feeley, Jeff Garcia, Vick, Foles. All filling in for injured starters and performing beyond expectations. You kinda get more of a sense on the thinking from this.

Its unfortunately been a theme of this Franchise for almost 3 decades now, since Jaws!. It's the only singular reason I ever appreciated and envied the Giants with Eli Manning. Consistency at the QB position week in week out is a necessity.  Swapping them out like underwear will in most instances cost you games, division titles and SB's.

The stars, moon and universe just aligned in 2017 because it was destined. That's all.

54 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yea but other franchise qbs seem to stay healthy so hedging bets against bad luck is well stupid.