Draft Day Three Thread

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I'd prefer to get Dalton after the Bengals cut him.

Problem with getting someone like Dalton...is that it creates a kinda messy, murky QB situation.  Especially with the Gruden connection.  Don't want that.  Especially not for a guy like Dalton.

Cam Newton is really the only veteran of interest to me, if he's actually healthy enough to start.  Otherwise...why bother really?

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Problem with getting someone like Dalton...is that it creates a kinda messy, murky QB situation.  Especially with the Gruden connection.  Don't want that.  Especially not for a guy like Dalton.

Cam Newton is really the only veteran of interest to me, if he's actually healthy enough to start.  Otherwise...why bother really?

Drafting almost anyone kind of does too right? Like imagine headline, Jaguars invest 4th round pick on QB to compete with 2019 6th rounder...almost sounds like the 4th rounder has the inside track bc of pick investment

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Drafting almost anyone kind of does too right? Like imagine headline, Jaguars invest 4th round pick on QB to compete with 2019 6th rounder...almost sounds like the 4th rounder has the inside track bc of pick investment

Nah.  Prospect drafted on Day 3 is no real threat to Minshew out of camp.  Nobody with half a brain expects those guys to play any time soon.  If Minshew's grasp on the position is that tenuous...we've got a huge problem.  xD

I mean...it ended up happening with Minshew, but it wasn't like he "stole" the job.  He just sorta inherited it out of necessity and decided he didn't want to give it back.

There's just an issue with bringing in an established NFL starter...when you have Minshew as your starter.  Run the risk of exactly what happened when Foles came back healthy and basically got nod by seniority.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Gonna be great to see Minshew have a complete disaster season and just have endless debates over whether it's his fault or the fact he has no weapons.

Or whether it's all Cams fault for continuing to be an inadequate bookend causing the entire OLine to stink in front of Minshew again.  Wooooooooooooooooo.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They must really believe in Cole/Dede getting back on track and Oliver taking a step.

Could see that all happening. But really would like a guy like Tyler Johnson, Cephus, etc. coming up here.

But really...there's nothing they can do about that now.  Any sort of "weapon" they're taking at this point in the draft, is basically gonna be a jar on a shelf for most of the year at least.  If not forever.

They kinda made their choice on this back at the fork in the road that was Day 1 and 2.  Now, Minshew is gonna have to live with it.

Truthfully, a WR room or Chark, Shenault, Dede, Conley, Cole is strong. I don't see any rookies in round 4 on changing that slotting.

I would like to see additions to the RB room though. 

Bartch may be able to slot inside or is quality depth/guy in waiting at LT. But I also would've liked to see more additions there for depth.