2020 NFL Draft Day 3 GDT: 5th round is our jam

Forge

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

Not exactly a combine killer is he. Guessing he plays more like Boldin?

Some people really like him, but yeah, his best trait is that he's strong at the point of attack. Decent injury history. Just too limited for me physically. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Looks like we have 9 spots on the roster for UDFA

I don't imagine we'll be a desirable landing spot for UDFA due to the strength and depth of our roster, but you never know who we could sign that would be a diamond in the rough. 

Only position i think we might fill on the 55 from UDFA is a RB.

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't imagine we'll be a desirable landing spot for UDFA due to the strength and depth of our roster, but you never know who we could sign that would be a diamond in the rough. 

So I guess there isn't a 55. It's still 53 with the option to pull 2 PS players a week up and back down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Cannot underrate our small school UDFA RB signings.

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'd be mildly surprised if any UDFAs make it, tbh. Even running back, we still have Coleman / Jet / Mostert and Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bill completely punting quarterback is one of my favorite things about this draft. 

Why not go directly from Tom Brady to Jarrett Stidham the year before Trevor Lawrence is scheduled to go #1 overall? And if there was ever a team that was going to blatantly throw a full season to get the best quarterback prospect in a decade - potentially in a year where no fans will be in the stadium anyway- you know the Patriots are the team to pull it off. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be mildly surprised if any UDFAs make it, tbh. Even running back, we still have Coleman / Jet / Mostert and Wilson. 

If that's all we go into camp with I will be sad. 

Coleman should have been cut. Jet is a complete wildcard. Mostert needs to be part of a rotation. Wilson has impressed but hasn't shown enough to warrant no competition in camp for his role 

Just now, N4L said:

If that's all we go into camp with I will be sad. 

Coleman should have been cut. Jet is a complete wildcard. Mostert needs to be part of a rotation. Wilson has impressed but hasn't shown enough to warrant no competition in camp for his role 

We will go into camp with more of course. But I doubt any udfa is knocking guys like those off the roster. 

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Why not go directly from Tom Brady to Jarrett Stidham the year before Trevor Lawrence is scheduled to go #1 overall? And if there was ever a team that was going to blatantly throw a full season to get the best quarterback prospect in a decade - potentially in a year where no fans will be in the stadium anyway- you know the Patriots are the team to pull it off. 

Plus, Bill probably knows....nobody wants to be the guy who replaces the guy. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the guy. Brian Hoyer can be the sacrificial lamb.