2020 NFL Draft Day 3 GDT: 5th round is our jam

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is where teams get in trouble IMO. I know LaFleur wants to build a Shanny type of team, but can't just force your personnel to be someone they aren't. DeGuara playing FB? Really? 

The Packers are clueless and I love it 

We will continue to dominate them 

7 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Coverage was so horrible for day 3 of the draft i decided i was better off going back to bed. 

lol, I watched none of the draft post KInlaw selection. I had a tab open for the cbs draft tracker that I would keep an occasional eye on, but that was it. 

Was kind of liberating to take my ball and go home. Years to come, I'd rather they just draft my guys and stick around though. :P 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is where teams get in trouble IMO. I know LaFleur wants to build a Shanny type of team, but can't just force your personnel to be someone they aren't. DeGuara playing FB? Really? 

Yea I mentioned that to their fanbase on their main message board. Its more than allocating resources. Running the ball is more about a mindset and a commitment to that mindset. I mean I like the Dillion pick for them. He's the type of RB I feel Rodgers needs late in games over a guy like Jones. But their draft was a total 'WTF' meme. They had other areas I thought should have been addressed with their premium picks.

And not to mention, the TE they drafted doesn't really look the part of Juice. Like you watch how he was used in college...it doesn't look like he's that great of a blocker. Now turn on the film of our sixth round TE and tell me he not the next Juice. 

Edited by 757-NINER

Saw you signed JaMycal Hasty as an UDFA.

I can tell you he is as tough as they come and a plus pass blocker and can catch out of the backfield. He’s short though, but stacked. He’s not an NFL lead back or even a good #2 back imo but he can make it in this league as a special teams guy and a #3 back. But a lot has to fall in place. Excited for him. Big negative is he has fumbling issues and not the most instinctive runner

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Saw you signed JaMycal Hasty as an UDFA.

I can tell you he is as tough as they come and a plus pass blocker and can catch out of the backfield. He’s short though, but stacked. He’s not an NFL lead back or even a good #2 back imo but he can make it in this league as a special teams guy and a #3 back. But a lot has to fall in place. Excited for him. Big negative is he has fumbling issues and not the most instinctive runner

I’ve been mocking hasty to us in the 7th for the past month. As soon as I watched the tape and read the scouting report, I was sold.

He’s very similar to Matt Brieda. 

44 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I guess this is a prime example of "to each their own" because I watched ABC's coverage (have no clue if it was the same as what was on ESPN/NFLN) every day and loved it. *shrug*

Yeah, I swapped over to ABC when u suggested it, and it was better. Beyond the Kinlaw pick, no idea though, and happy enough to not have wasted the time. :P 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I just now saw the Cowgirls draft haul and I hate to admit it...but I'm jealous af. That's a helluva draft...on paper of course.

Agreed! I had to give props to my buddy who is a Cowboys fan, ugh hard to say that, that Jerry actually did a good job. He gave me so much crap when Lamb (and Diggs) fell in their lap because he knew I wanted us to draft him. 

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I just now saw the Cowgirls draft haul and I hate to admit it...but I'm jealous af. That's a helluva draft...on paper of course.

Cowboys honestly more times than none end up drafting fairly well. Talent is never an issue with that team. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed! I had to give props to my buddy who is a Cowboys fan, ugh hard to say that, that Jerry actually did a good job. He gave me so much crap when Lamb (and Diggs) fell in their lap because he knew I wanted us to draft him. 

Its not even about Lamb though. That's a layup. But to get Diggs, Gallimore, Robinson II who I was a big fan of, Biadasz, AND Anae is just crazy to me.

• Like 2