2020 NFL Draft Day 3 GDT: 5th round is our jam

Forge

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Its not even about Lamb though. That's a layup. But to get Diggs, Gallimore, Robinson II who I was a big fan of, Biadasz, AND Anae is just crazy to me.

Yeah, I was just talking about Lamb and Diggs due to the fact he knew that I was interested in them, but agreed they drafted for value for sure and were lucky enough to have them fall into their laps. 

On 4/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, N4L said:
On 4/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, Forge said:

We are back in the game, folks!

Thread title needs a change! 5th round not our jam 

6th round here we come!!

what a horrible post. 5th round is absolutely our jam

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Let's see...89 was Tai Streets' number, 99 was Aldon's before it was Buckner's. I cannot recall another 11 other than Goodwin (unless it was Grbac?). 68? 81? Without doing any searches, I am coming up blank. 

Anyone else want to try this?

TO was #81. Boldin was #81. Was actually Trent Taylors original number. 68 was Adam Snyder and Mike Person. 

11 was Alex Smith, of course. Quinton Patton had it briefly. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

TO was #81. Boldin was #81. Was actually Trent Taylors original number. 68 was Adam Snyder and Mike Person. 

11 was Alex Smith, of course. Quinton Patton had it briefly. 

Not that he was ever active, but pretty sure Matthews also wore #81. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Remember when I said I was fine with the Cardinals drafting him? Well, there ya go. That's why

I have a feeling they are just going to line him up over kittle and every other TE they face

He's fast and agile enough to run with kittle. Strong enough to have a chance to actually bring him to the ground 

Arizona was the worst in the league at covering TEs... By a large margin. They got torched by every single mediocre TE they faced, literally every single week like clockwork. Fantasy stream of the week at TE - whoever played the Cardinals 

Simmons instantly fixes that problem... PP is good, Chandler Jones is incredible. They now have three elite athletes on all three levels. 

I am not going to bass my opinion/projection based on what vance Joseph says in a press conference. If he's on the field he's covering tight ends. Call it SS or LB or whatever 

I know exactly what to do to him. Run right at him and let kittle get his hands on his breastplate or any one of our lineman/TE/FBs, who all move well in space. Then hit him with ample play action. Make sure to get a body on him when we run jet sweeps to his side. Get his head spinning in year 1. In year 2 it might be a little harder lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Remember when I said I was fine with the Cardinals drafting him? Well, there ya go. That's why

Meh that's what he saying now. I mean why would you tell the league excatly what their plans are for him? We'll see how it all shakes out on gamedays...

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Actually think that's a smart move by them. Simmons is supremely talented but he's not gonna get away with covering NFL caliber wr. 

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Actually think that's a smart move by them. Simmons is supremely talented but he's not gonna get away with covering NFL caliber wr. 

I would be using him more Derwin style. He doesn't need to be playing corner for them. I'm simply not a Vance Joseph fan...I think he's a competent DC most of the time, but not much more than that. I have no belief that he'll be creative with how he utilizes players. I think you're leaving talent on the table if you use him specifically as a linebacker (likely in a WILL role, I would assume). 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I would be using him more Derwin style. He doesn't need to be playing corner for them. I'm simply not a Vance Joseph fan...I think he's a competent DC most of the time, but not much more than that. I have no belief that he'll be creative with how he utilizes players. I think you're leaving talent on the table if you use him specifically as a linebacker (likely in a WILL role, I would assume). 

pffffftt... like someone should listen to you, the amateur forum fan instead of a pro coach who gets paid to make these decisions!!!! 

do u even lift, bro? 

• Like 6