49ers trade for Trent Williams

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

The more I think about this trade the more I like our offseason overall. We really did a great job suplimenting talent while not compromising our long term sustainability. It was one cohesive plan that fit together incredibly well. All of the moves we made, were made in conjunction with one another. it was well put together as far as awareness to our immediate and long term needs and what capital we had, based on what was available in the market place

It's why I've hesitated grading the draft thus far. Have I liked everything about the actual draft? No, of course not. I'm literally the guy who looks at the D3 UDFA QB we signed and thinks, "we signed the wrong D3 QB" (Jackson Erdmann ftw!). But how do you hate on a draft that gives you the immediate results of Dee Ford (yeah, the injuries suck, but you don't have to search long to see his impact), Manny Sanders for a super bowl run, and Trent Williams? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's why I've hesitated grading the draft thus far. Have I liked everything about the actual draft? No, of course not. I'm literally the guy who looks at the D3 UDFA QB we signed and thinks, "we signed the wrong D3 QB" (Jackson Erdmann ftw!). But how do you hate on a draft that gives you the immediate results of Dee Ford (yeah, the injuries suck, but you don't have to search long to see his impact), Manny Sanders for a super bowl run, and Trent Williams? 

I'm not even evaluating the off-season while including Ford nor Sanders in the calculations. I am looking at it from the lense of what we did after the superbowl to now and am confident in saying it was an A from a big picture standpoint 

You can't truly evaluate a draft for 3 years and even then it's really tough 

It's possible the moves won't work out, but based on the information we have at this current juncture, its hard to argue with how the whole puzzle fits together. 

FEELS GREAT BABY 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol especially for this draft. They could have walked out of this draft with Young and maybe Lamb. 

Rumor was the Browns were offering a first so they could have drafted a top tackle and made a seamless transition. Terrible execution by the prior regime. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rumor was the Browns were offering a first so they could have drafted a top tackle and made a seamless transition. Terrible execution by the prior regime. 

Quick, who would you hire to be your gm first

BOB, Baalke, Bruce Allen?

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Quick, who would you hire to be your gm first

BOB, Baalke, Bruce Allen?

I'd sell my team if those are my options...

But seriously, I'd probably give Baalke one more crack at it...see if he learned anything since his time away. There was that one draft...

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd sell my team if those are my options...

But seriously, I'd probably give Baalke one more crack at it...see if he learned anything since his time away. There was that one draft...

Yeah, I think the answer is 100% Baalke. I really considered BOB though, I will admit. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sadly Baalke he has some awful picks but hit on some too. I'd tell him he can't draft injuried players or any WRs. 

The funny part is that his drafts are aging better than they were looking for a while. Ward looked like an absolute bust, but he finally stayed healthy in year 6. AA looked like a role player, puts it together in year 5. Tartt as well. Ronald Blair still playing fairly well in a rotational role. Carlos Hyde is still a competent back. Mike Person was drafted inthe 7th round in 2011 and was the starting RG for a super bowl team last year lol. Joe Looney is seriously an important piece to the cowboys line (rd 4, 2012). Reid was fine. Vance was a misfire, but at least he's still somewhat competent. 

The 2015 draft looks positively great at this point. AA, Tartt, and Trent Brown? That's a great draft if we are being honest. Especially if Tartt and AA keep playing well. Pinion is a starting punter in the nfl...sure, not a great pick, but it's not the worst. Blake Bell still kicking around the league as well (won a super bowl). 

Still not a great history, and nothing can ever remove the stench of 2012, but it's not going to be nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be when we fired him. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The funny part is that his drafts are aging better than they were looking for a while. Ward looked like an absolute bust, but he finally stayed healthy in year 6. AA looked like a role player, puts it together in year 5. Tartt as well. Ronald Blair still playing fairly well in a rotational role. Carlos Hyde is still a competent back. Mike Person was drafted inthe 7th round in 2011 and was the starting RG for a super bowl team last year lol. Joe Looney is seriously an important piece to the cowboys line (rd 4, 2012). Reid was fine. Vance was a misfire, but at least he's still somewhat competent. 

The 2015 draft looks positively great at this point. AA, Tartt, and Trent Brown? That's a great draft if we are being honest. Especially if Tartt and AA keep playing well. Pinion is a starting punter in the nfl...sure, not a great pick, but it's not the worst. Blake Bell still kicking around the league as well (won a super bowl). 

Still not a great history, and nothing can ever remove the stench of 2012, but it's not going to be nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be when we fired him. 

Isn't Baalke now with the dolphins?