49ers trade for Trent Williams

49erurtaza

I just realized how BEEFY the left side of our OL is going to be. 

Trent Williams 6'5" 320

Laken Tomlinson 6'3" 320

Its not exactly larry allen and Jonas Jennings, mainly just because larry allen is the best guard of all time by a large margin imo, but damn, we are gonna lean on some people again this year

I think an important thing to keep an eye on this year is Williams' head and the cancer situation. I was listening to the Better Rivals podcast and they said he had over 300 stitches and over a hundred staples on his head.

Williams is trying to get a special-made helmet to protect his head for this season. I have no doubt that his body and his mind are 100% right and ready to go. I just sincerely hope that the cancer is completely gone and a helmet isn't going to irritate that crazy wound on his head. 

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think an important thing to keep an eye on this year is Williams' head and the cancer situation. I was listening to the Better Rivals podcast and they said he had over 300 stitches and over a hundred staples on his head.

Williams is trying to get a special-made helmet to protect his head for this season. I have no doubt that his body and his mind are 100% right and ready to go. I just sincerely hope that the cancer is completely gone and a helmet isn't going to irritate that crazy wound on his head. 

How long ago did he have surgery? I had brain surgery ~ 7 years ago and it's pretty crazy how quickly your body can heal itself. 

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

How long ago did he have surgery? I had brain surgery ~ 7 years ago and it's pretty crazy how quickly your body can heal itself. 

It sounds like it a little over a year ago. I'm honestly not that well versed in his fued with the Redskins, but it sounds like he's healed and clearly has been training. I think he's still working on the helmet situation. I just hope whatever the cancer was doesn't come back.

20 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It sounds like it a little over a year ago. I'm honestly not that well versed in his fued with the Redskins, but it sounds like he's healed and clearly has been training. I think he's still working on the helmet situation. I just hope whatever the cancer was doesn't come back.

Yeah looks like February 2019 from what I've googled

• 4 weeks later...

Could be one of two ways they did this:

1) converted base salary to signing bonus, zero change for his cap hit this year but gives him some $$$ right now considering he probably hasn't been paid in a while 

2) converted base salary to signing bonus, then added an additional voidable year. This would lower his cap hit this year, but will increase the cap hit next year. It's a net zero move if we don't use the savings this year because the savings would roll over and pay for themselves next year. So, it's unlikely they added voidable years because we have ample space, that is... Unless this is a precursor to kittle getting a new deal

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Could be one of two ways they did this:

1) converted base salary to signing bonus, zero change for his cap hit this year but gives him some $$$ right now considering he probably hasn't been paid in a while 

2) converted base salary to signing bonus, then added an additional voidable year. This would lower his cap hit this year, but will increase the cap hit next year. It's a net zero move if we don't use the savings this year because the savings would roll over and pay for themselves next year. So, it's unlikely they added voidable years because we have ample space, that is... Unless this is a precursor to kittle getting a new deal

My understanding is that it was just to give him more up front, thankfully

• Like 1