Redskins trade Trent Williams to the 49ers

sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

You guys think niners got a steal ? I think they could have gotten him cheaper. Who else was in this no one at this point.

I think it's fair both, particularly when you consider that there is no extension in place

• Like 1

Just now, Aussie9er said:

Love the trade for 49ers especially if staley is leaning towards retiring. Even if he doesn't flip williams to right side for one year and move Mitch to rg for one year. 

Staley is retiring. You don't trade for a 30 something year old T who hasn't played football in a year who is also on the last year of his contract without Staley retiring

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So this is the going market for LTs in a trade. I'm actually not surprised. I shouldn't be.

No, this is the going market for tackles who take the "Antonio Brown" approach to trades. Both sides wrecked value due to unrealistic desires and way too big egos.

Is it for Washington? A 5th and 2021 3rd sounds awfully light. Duane Brown went for more in his move to Seattle.

Again, the Poop Wizard Brice Allen could have gotten a first before the 2019 season for Trent but claimed that he would come back. After they cleaned house, Trent suddenly "changed his tune" from being a medical scare to wanting more money (realistically, that what it always was about, but his team just covered it up with the medical stuff).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Get immediate impact players.

Yeah, but we're talking about playing against the Niners.  Seattle probably competes with the Niners better than any team in the league, just because of the division and both teams being so familiar with each other.  Good luck with Minnesota competing with them.

• Like 1

Is it for Washington? A 5th and 2021 3rd sounds awfully light. Duane Brown went for more in his move to Seattle.

Texas sent a pick with Brown as well and also 3 years ago.

Duane also played the year before he was traded and it was the same regime that traded him.

Trent was on a year long holdout, created by the previous regime and EVERYONE knew he was not playing for skins. To get two picks for the player is solid work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, this should put to bed the notion that Dan Snyder won't trade with Shanny given how the tenure in washington played out. So that is nice. 

Knowing the way Snyder thinks, I think it helped that you guys didn't win the SB last year, tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

Duane also played the year before he was traded and it was the same regime that traded him.

Half true - Brown missed about half the year before with a torn quad, then missed the other half of the year with the holdout.

• Like 1