Day 3 of 2020 Draft (New thread because Heinz D wanted one)

CBears019

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You don't think Stanley has more upside than Fromm? 

I think Stanley has much more upside. I traditionally hate the safer, game-manager types but the value in round 5 is hard for my stupid *** to ignore lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I think Stanley has much more upside. I traditionally hate the safer, game-manager types but the value in round 5 is hard for my stupid *** to ignore lol

It seems we are thinking along the same lines this draft. Not good for you. lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yeah I'm inclined to agree man... 

If Pace is ever going to draft a developmental QB this would be it.  Maybe never a starter but he could be the best backup in the NFL for a lot of years.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

It seems we are thinking along the same lines this draft. Not good for you. lol 

xD

I mean at the absolute worst... he's QB 3 right? You can let him learn the system, if Mitch fails take your QB1 in 2021 and still let this kid learn your system. Save that $7-$8M we've been paying our backup QBs for another position.

Just now, G08 said:

xD

I mean at the absolute worst... he's QB 3 right? You can let him learn the system, if Mitch fails take your QB1 in 2021 and still let this kid learn your system. Save that $7-$8M we've been paying our backup QBs for another position.

Exactly. He is what Chase Daniel was SUPPOSED to be. But at a late rookie contract. 

I'm fine with having a high floor, low ceiling reserve. But I want to have a high ceiling starter. He can be a damn good reserve IMO. 

Then sell the farm to get a top QB prospect next year. 

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Get what you're saying, but I'd still rather have Stanley. At this point would be happy for either. Unfortunately, Pace didn't wrangle up a fourth round pick, so he probably won't even draft a quarterback at all. He'll just have to throw the pasta against the wall, and see what sticks.