Pick #109 is in: G, John Simpson, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

Made the point earlier that this was possible by how well Mayock filled our holes n FA

And in the draft last year. Our starting base defense is going to feature 8 players that we acquired in the draft last year or free agency this year. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Jackson's future looks in doubt, no clue how much longer Incognito can go. BPA and a good fit with the Vegas Tigers we have now.

Agreed. Incognito showed no signs of slowing down last year but he is almost 37 (woah) so Simpson is a great get to pair with Good and our other interior depth.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed. Incognito showed no signs of slowing down last year but he is almost 37 (woah) so Simpson is a great get to pair with Good and our other interior depth.

Ritchie is an oddity.  He was hurt a lot early And missed a few seasons with suspension and retirement.  For 37 this year he’s equivalent to like a 33-34yo.  I think he can play out both years and retire at a high level... it won’t be a retirement because he’s horrible

• Like 1

There’s a good chance now that Kush and Devey don’t make the cut.

Miller, Parker

incognito, John Simpson, kush, cotton

hudson, James, Devey, magnuson

jackson, good, kalis

brown, sharpe

we still need 1 OT for camp and I think we’ll see magnuson+kalis at RT some in camp too.  We usually carry 15 on the 90 man roster.  Usually 3 at every position.

As for potential UDFAs: 

Price Tango W goes undrafted and we get him.... he was a 1st rounder to many people but never evolved from a raw prospect)

Alex Taylor- raw, low level school but he’s our body type for a OT

Calvin Throckmorton- played like every position, nfl g/c

Daryl Williams- prolly a center

jake Hanson- center

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the plan is to move on from Jackson, Williams, and Joyner after the season to save $29M and replace those three with Simpson, Edwards, and Robertson. 

I'm probably in the minority, but if Gabe gets back to his top form then might be worth keeping once Incognito retires. The price of OL is going up, so might actually be decent value.

• Like 1

Just now, OldManWillis said:

I'm probably in the minority, but if Gabe gets back to his top form then might be worth keeping once Incognito retires. The price of OL is going up, so might actually be decent value.

Denzel Good at like $2-3M and Simpson at like $1M would be even better value. And then bring back Devey/Kush behind them. 

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ritchie is an oddity.  He was hurt a lot early And missed a few seasons with suspension and retirement.  For 37 this year he’s equivalent to like a 33-34yo.  I think he can play out both years and retire at a high level... it won’t be a retirement because he’s horrible

Exactyly no need to rush Simpson let him back up at LG and whether it 2021 or 2022 we have LG of the future and insurance in case of injury