4(120). La'Mical Perine, RB, Florida

NewAge

Jets might be having my favorite draft of the year. Didn't come in and comment, but Jabari Zuniga is going to be a problem if developed correctly. 

Perine was perhaps my most underrated RB in this years class. Not going to wow anyone in shorts and a t-shirt, but the dude is a man between the tackles, excellent in pass pro, and sports some of the best hands of this years RB class. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 7

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wow just saw a play where he broke a few tackles against LSU and then emerges out of the pack and carries Jamal Adams on his back for a good 10 yards.

Adams  could have been tweeting mid tackle. So I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt

• Like 2

After watching the highlights I have gained some new respect for Perine.  He is not just a 3rd down back. 

Positives:  He likes to punish his would be tacklers and fight for extra yards.  He does not run out of bounds.  He runs with a low center of gravity and maintains good balance after the initial hit.  See hole, hit hole.  Excellent pass catcher.  Played against some good defenses.

Negatives:  His bounces to the outside will most likely not work in the NFL.  He will need to learn to just accept a one yard gain.  He does not have a third gear to run away from defenders.  He wins with power and shows very little ability to plant his foot and make quick cuts.

Overall:  With some good coaching and our new,  revamped OL, he could definitely be a 3 down back in the NFL after Bell leaves.