NewAge

4(120). La'Mical Perine, RB, Florida

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

Third down back?

Has receiving skills. Not going to wow with any quality. Just a quality depth back

Posted (edited)

Seems to have a similar profile to Bilal Powell coming out of Louisville. Perhaps Perine is a bit more of a between the tackles guy than Powell is/was.

Edited by NewAge

FWIW Just read he was a team captain at Florida. Another high character guy for Douglas, love that. 

Posted (edited)

Jets might be having my favorite draft of the year. Didn't come in and comment, but Jabari Zuniga is going to be a problem if developed correctly. 

Perine was perhaps my most underrated RB in this years class. Not going to wow anyone in shorts and a t-shirt, but the dude is a man between the tackles, excellent in pass pro, and sports some of the best hands of this years RB class. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

Love this kid.  Produced in SEC behind an awful line. Can catch as well.  Great pick here 

Yes it's a highlight reel but I love the way he runs.  Very decisive too I can see Gase liking him.  He will be a better fit for Becton than Bell is. xD

Wow just saw a play where he broke a few tackles against LSU and then emerges out of the pack and carries Jamal Adams on his back for a good 10 yards.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wow just saw a play where he broke a few tackles against LSU and then emerges out of the pack and carries Jamal Adams on his back for a good 10 yards.

Adams  could have been tweeting mid tackle. So I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt

He honestly reminds me a bit of Powell

After watching the highlights I have gained some new respect for Perine.  He is not just a 3rd down back. 

Positives:  He likes to punish his would be tacklers and fight for extra yards.  He does not run out of bounds.  He runs with a low center of gravity and maintains good balance after the initial hit.  See hole, hit hole.  Excellent pass catcher.  Played against some good defenses.

Negatives:  His bounces to the outside will most likely not work in the NFL.  He will need to learn to just accept a one yard gain.  He does not have a third gear to run away from defenders.  He wins with power and shows very little ability to plant his foot and make quick cuts.

Overall:  With some good coaching and our new,  revamped OL, he could definitely be a 3 down back in the NFL after Bell leaves.

29 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

He honestly reminds me a bit of Powell

I’d love that comparison. Love Bilal. 

Random note on #Jets RB La'Mical Perine (fourth round): One of three players in SEC with 2,000+ rush yards and 500+ receiving yards over last three seasons. Others: D'Andre Swift and Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
-Per Cimini-