4(120). La'Mical Perine, RB, Florida

NewAge

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Random note on #Jets RB La'Mical Perine (fourth round): One of three players in SEC with 2,000+ rush yards and 500+ receiving yards over last three seasons. Others: D'Andre Swift and Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
-Per Cimini-

And Florida isn’t exactly the OL factory that UGA and LSU are. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, xenajets said:

I’d love that comparison. Love Bilal. 

Powell never got his chance to be the guy but has been truly an excellent 2nd back. I think Perine is a lot more physical than Bilal but I hope everything else is similar. We should be taking a RB almost every year anyway. It is a young mans position and not one that is economical to pay. Bell will be elsewhere next year.

• Like 1

I honestly just want him to run hard and full speed at the hole. Our line was atrocious last year, but Bell's over patience was a bit of a problem as well. I dont want to ask him to change his running style, but I do hope he is a little more decisive this year with better hogs in front of him. 

I think I've come up with my perfect comp for Perine.

Mark Ingram. Similar running styles, they even have similar posture while running. Both good all around at blocking and pass catching.
Heck even their combines were basically identical. Exact same 40, broad, 3 cone, Perrine with 1 more bench rep, better short shuttle, and vert. Same height and weight, perine with huge hands though.

• Like 4

Just watching this kid, man he flew under my radar but I wasn't paying attention to RBs really. 

One thing I noticed is hes perfect for the scheme, one cut runner.  Hes got strong legs, he breaks arm tackles constantly and fights for yards, tough guy. He has natural hands and catches the ball well out of the backfield.

He should contribute year 1 as Bell's backup. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Just watching this kid, man he flew under my radar but I wasn't paying attention to RBs really. 

One thing I noticed is hes perfect for the scheme, one cut runner.  Hes got strong legs, he breaks arm tackles constantly and fights for yards, tough guy. He has natural hands and catches the ball well out of the backfield.

He should contribute year 1 as Bell's backup. 

Think he only fell bc if a slower 40 for an RB. His skill set is exactly what most teams like. So that’s the only thing I can think of. I hope he can work in with Bell and show he’s worthy of the starting job next year and the years after.

• Like 1