Joe Staley to Retire

49erurtaza

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

They haven't even known it for that long.

I think Lynch was very calculated in what he said here as he didn't want to be seen as a liar. I bet they knew before Monday that he was going to retire. If Maiocco is giving hints three weeks before the draft, then they knew as well. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

George got me crying again... :(

My most poignant memory of Joe is the broken and bleeding nose years ago, in game. What a tough guy.

I love your memory. For me, I think it was the freezing Green Bay playoff game. When we got a late first down and the whole line celebrated the first down in frame - Alex Boone, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, and an extremely animated Joe Staley. 

That's what I will remember about Joe. The top-level offensive lineman with an inherent goofiness that made him a fun personality on and off the field. 

• Like 3

Always loved Joe. Remember that time he seemed to tweak his ankle or knee and was yelling as if all his ligaments were torn, he had to be helped off the field... only to return a few plays later as if nothing happened? Either he just got overly scared with that one, or he's just a really tough guy.

There's really only good memories of Joe. I've been sad for 24 hours. It will never be the same without him. Now it's George's turn to be the heart of the team for the next 10 years.

• Like 1

Joe is going to be incredibly missed! One of our longest tenured player and it hurts to finally see that he is retiring. I felt bad when Willis retired and sad when Gore left, but this one hurts the most because we made it two super bowls with Joe and felt like this most recent one he was finally going to get that ring. When I saw his post interview you just feel for him. Definitely going to be awkward not seeing him on Sundays anymore. Great personality and character. Enjoy retirement and i hope his body and health get back to 100% we appreciate ALL your hard work! 

Favorite play is probably the one that I have seen on Bleacher Report now all week versus New Orleans in the Divisional Playoffs, qb bootleg with Alex Smith and Joe leading the way. Key block, TD we take the lead. Granted they came back and scored a TD and then of course The Catch 3 happened later which sealed the victory, but that game, wow! We always have some nail biters apparently with the Saints lol 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rudyZ said:

It's been almost a week, and I'm still sad.

I know. This one stings like Willis' retirement did. Only with Patrick, it was added frustration because he felt the need to go early due to not being able to play the way he always had---injuries, specifically to his big toe, I believe.

Image result for Sad Face ClipArt

Image result for doctor in the rain gif

And yes, I was sad when David Tennant left...and before him when Christopher Eccleston left. Didn't care much for those before Eccleston or after Tennant, though.