Joe Staley expected to retire

Forge

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Can't blame Kyle Shanahan for being aggressive. I think they just made another trade...

Anyways...congrats on getting Trent.

I'd probably be this aggressive too, if I gave away 2 SB's.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to have had your team in the Super Bowl? Which one is that? Oh, right--Snyder owns it. 

Good Luck.

48 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Am I crazy for not thinking Staley isn’t a lock to head to the HOF? News to me that many think that highly of him tbh. He’s just been that guy to me. 

I think he's probably Hall of very good, but I think he's got a small shot. Won't rule it out 

The problem is that there's a lot of good contemporaries. He's not better than Jason Peters. Not better than Joe Thomas. Not tyron Smith.

Andrew Whitworth? Fairly comparable careers, though in two of whits three all pro seasons, he got first team (Staley got second team all three times he was an all pro). 

Probably slightly better career than Trent at this point.

Willie Anderson was a 3x first team all pro and isn't in. 

He was very good. Three second team AP all pro. Got first team all pro for other publications. Being on the all decade team helps.

But Bryant Young was on the 90s all decade team and hasn't gotten in. And honestly, he's like the offensive line version of Bryant Young. On that line, but likely on the wrong side of it when all is said and done.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's probably Hall of very good, but I think he's got a small shot. Won't rule it out 

The problem is that there's a lot of good contemporaries. He's not better than Jason Peters. Not better than Joe Thomas. Not tyron Smith.

Andrew Whitworth? Fairly comparable careers, though in two of whits three all pro seasons, he got first team (Staley got second team all three times he was an all pro). 

Probably slightly better career than Trent at this point.

Willie Anderson was a 3x first team all pro and isn't in. 

He was very good. Three second team AP all pro. Got first team all pro for other publications. Being on the all decade team helps.

But Bryant Young was on the 90s all decade team and hasn't gotten in. And honestly, he's like the offensive line version of Bryant Young. On that line, but likely on the wrong side of it when all is said and done.

All this to just agree with me. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13184963

tenor.gif?itemid=10042189

19 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Am I crazy for not thinking Staley isn’t a lock to head to the HOF? News to me that many think that highly of him tbh. He’s just been that guy to me. 

Definitely not a lock for the HOF, nor is he JAG as you are implying.