3rd Round: Damien Lewis / OG / LSU

SaveOurSonics

Damien Lewis / OG / LSU 

Damien Lewis: 4 facts on 2020 NFL Draft prospect, LSU football guard

- He was a 2-time All-American at his JUCO before transferring to LSU 

- 2019 2nd-Team All-SEC 

- Member of 2019's Joe Moore Award (nation's top offensive line group)

- Started every single game for both of his respective teams over the last 4 years 

- LSU coaches have praised him for his humble leadership and nasty play demeanor

I really like the Lewis pick. Gives us a mean offensive lineman and he was one of the best run blocking guards in NCAAF last year. Leaves a lot to be desired in the pass protection but Seattle loves to run the ball and Wilson is best on playaction/out of the pocket, so... 

That's 19 offensive lineman on our roster at the moment, lol. If we can't figure out a way to build a 'decent' OL out of that, I give up.

34 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

That's 19 offensive lineman on our roster at the moment, lol. If we can't figure out a way to build a 'decent' OL out of that, I give up.

With the heavy majority of those players being interior linemen. If you count Jamarco Jones as a guard (he's played more snaps there to date), we literally have 2 OTs on the roster. Duane Brown and Brandon Shell. 

Wtf. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

Gonna toot my own horn here, had him mocked to Seattle a lot. 

The oline situation is.... interesting. Just so many dudes right now. Guessing with the potentially limited offseason coming up, Seattle is really hedging their bets. 

Edited by animaltested

11 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

With the heavy majority of those players being interior linemen. If you count Jamarco Jones as a guard (he's played more snaps there to date), we literally have 2 OTs on the roster. Duane Brown and Brandon Shell. 

Wtf. 

Well you know how Seattle is... take a guard or center and 'convert' them to a tackle... 

-_- 

Swear this team doesn't know how to draft O-Lineman. At this point Lewis will probably end up as our starting safety. Iupati and Fluker are just not that good though and far too injury prone. We have to replace that and pray Brown stays healthy. It's annoying to see the 49ers get Williams so cheap. I would've loved to trade our early 5th and next years 3rd for Williams. 

Edited by NFL_Announcer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...