Round 4, Pick 121: Logan Stenberg

TL-TwoWinsAway

Big, nasty run-blocker with limited mobility. Lots of penalties, which is always a concern, but this guy wants to bury people on the field. From PFF:

LOGAN STENBERG, KENTUCKY

Draft Board Rank: 114th

Stenberg is a force as a guard at 6-foot-6 and 322 pounds, and he has some of the strongest mitts of any guard in the class. Those mitts also routinely get him in trouble, though, as he's been flagged 24 times over the past two seasons. He's a little stiff and not the most fleet of foot at the position, but he's held up well in pass protection with only one pressure allowed in 2019.

One pressure allowed in 2019 sounds good.

Some quotes from Stenberg after being drafted:

““I’ll tell you what my best asset is: I’m a nasty player,” Stenberg said by phone from his parents’ cattle farm in Tennessee. “I like to block and finish guys.”

"I think that games are won and lost in the trenches, and I live by that,” Stenberg said. "I think every time I can finish the guy across from me and move the defensive line back, we have a better chance of winning. That’s what I plan to do for the Lions.

"I think that the game is heading towards more skill players a little bit, ‘prettier football,’ and I think that I can bring a nastiness to it and really bring it back to how it used to be played.”

What’s your goal?

“I want the guy across from me to want to quit and want to get to the sideline because he’s getting beat up all day,” Stenberg said. "I think if we can do that, we have a better chance of winning the game.”

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

““I’ll tell you what my best asset is: I’m a nasty player,” Stenberg said by phone from his parents’ cattle farm in Tennessee. “I like to block and finish guys.”

"I think that games are won and lost in the trenches, and I live by that,” Stenberg said. "I think every time I can finish the guy across from me and move the defensive line back, we have a better chance of winning. That’s what I plan to do for the Lions.

"I think that the game is heading towards more skill players a little bit, ‘prettier football,’ and I think that I can bring a nastiness to it and really bring it back to how it used to be played.”

What’s your goal?

“I want the guy across from me to want to quit and want to get to the sideline because he’s getting beat up all day,” Stenberg said. "I think if we can do that, we have a better chance of winning the game.”

i like it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What’s your goal?

Dudes my hero and hopefully the future lions gm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What’s your goal?

I really liked the pick and now after reading this I really like it.  I think he might win the RG spot.  I think Dahl and Jackson could be competing for the LG spot.  Or at least come 2021 they might be our starting OGs

• Like 1

From mlive:

He’s a feisty son of a gun.

Teammates suggested Stenberg might be one of the most hated players in the SEC, because he’s “nasty” on the field and plays to the whistle, even if the ball is nowhere near him. 

“He’s just trying to be annoying out there," one teammate told the Lexington Herald-Leader. "He’s trying to get inside guys’ heads.”

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

From mlive:

He’s a feisty son of a gun.

Teammates suggested Stenberg might be one of the most hated players in the SEC, because he’s “nasty” on the field and plays to the whistle, even if the ball is nowhere near him. 

“He’s just trying to be annoying out there," one teammate told the Lexington Herald-Leader. "He’s trying to get inside guys’ heads.”

I love it.  Say what you will about Schwartz’s team.  He took a team that no one respected and turned it into a team no one wanted to play. I think we need a little more nasty to our team and this guy gives us that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

I love it.  Say what you will about Schwartz’s team.  He took a team that no one respected and turned it into a team no one wanted to play. I think we need a little more nasty to our team and this guy gives us that.

I miss that. I liked what Schwartz was building here. Just don’t think he knew enough (first time head coach) to take them all the way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I agree completely. It's exactly why I loved Schwartz: we weren't fun to play against. We were tough, nasty, rugged. Loved that.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think Schwartz would of got us there. It was the gm that was the issue. I have been saying to wait on mp and Quinn for a while now, although I don’t like them, but if you said you could get scwartz back here tomorrow, I’d be the first to light the match to burn all this down.

• Like 1