Round 4, Pick 121: Logan Stenberg

TL-TwoWinsAway

I like the philosophy, but I'm concerned how that's going to translate to the field. We know that the Lions don't exactly get lenient treatment from the refs and I hope this guy doesn't get on the wrong side of that line between tough play and getting a reputation for being flagged.

And then, can he pass block well enough. I think those are the questions about him. Sounds like there's no concern about his run blocking.

I really like this guy at RG. I think he'll start  to be honest. I went through and read somethings others said and will just highlight what I like.

Big.

Mean/Nasty.

Strong hands.

Above average pass protector. 

I actually like him better than Jonah Jackson. But now.... Jackson looks pretty solid as a back up interior linemen imo. Prolly better than Russell Bodine as a back up C/G. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I really like this guy at RG. I think he'll start  to be honest. I went through and read somethings others said and will just highlight what I like.

Big.

Mean/Nasty.

Strong hands.

Above average pass protector. 

I actually like him better than Jonah Jackson. But now.... Jackson looks pretty solid as a back up interior linemen imo. Prolly better than Russell Bodine as a back up C/G. 

I think Stenberg will put more people in the dirt but I also think he’ll miss more blocks on passing downs. 

5 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I like the philosophy, but I'm concerned how that's going to translate to the field. We know that the Lions don't exactly get lenient treatment from the refs and I hope this guy doesn't get on the wrong side of that line between tough play and getting a reputation for being flagged.

And then, can he pass block well enough. I think those are the questions about him. Sounds like there's no concern about his run blocking.

Valid concerns. I guess he allowed only one pressure in 2019, but that can be misleading (scheme, pass blocking frequency, etc).

The penalties are a huge concern. We can't give the refs any more of a reason to throw flags.

I am going to start calling him "The Undertaker".  All he does is put people in the dirt.  I love his nasty demeanor, his constant moving feet, his ability to reach the second level and his size.  I think that the penalty issue can be cleaned up with maturity and solid coaching.  Great pick.

17 hours ago, MrLionzz said:

I am going to start calling him "The Undertaker".  All he does is put people in the dirt.  I love his nasty demeanor, his constant moving feet, his ability to reach the second level and his size.  I think that the penalty issue can be cleaned up with maturity and solid coaching.  Great pick.

I like how easily he gets his guy turned in the hole. Looks like an excellent lane creator. 

13 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I like how easily he gets his guy turned in the hole. Looks like an excellent lane creator. 

Fingers crossed him Jonah, and  Ragnow can make some holes. Dahl and Beau be subs?? Looks good on paper

• Like 1