2020 Draft | Eagles select: K'von Wallace (#127 ovr)

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I mean it's not a bad pick in a vacuum but didn't we just draft a player the last round with exactly the same profile as him? 

Davion Taylor plays LB. K'Von Wallace plays S. What would make you think they're exactly the same profile? They play completely different positions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Davion Taylor plays LB. K'Von Wallace plays S. What would make you think they're exactly the same profile? They play completely different positions.

That they are both “safeties” that play on the over hang that excel at blitzing and hitting but struggle in coverage.

Heard a lot of people talk about Wallace as the versatile counterweight to Isaiah Simmons at Clemson. 
Basically filling in where the were weak so Simmons could be the monster he was at Clemson.

It's intriguing what they are trying to do in the secondary. Marquand Manuel being here makes me more hopeful.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That they are both “safeties” that play on the over hang that excel at blitzing and hitting but struggle in coverage.

Wallace shines in that Malcolm Jenkins role at safety. Taylor is raw so I wouldn't put much stock into whatever safety stuff you saw him do. He's been drafted to play LB because of his traits and because of the things he's accomplished at LB imo

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Heard a lot of people talk about Wallace as the versatile counterweight to Isaiah Simmons at Clemson. 
Basically filling in where the were weak so Simmons could be the monster he was at Clemson.

It's intriguing what they are trying to do in the secondary. Marquand Manuel being here makes me more hopeful.

I've heard this a lot too. In order to let a guy like Simmons to do what he did, you have to have somebody just as versatile to balance it all out. Love the pick.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

seemingly what the plan is to have a LB-Safety role that takes the place of the traditional WILL. Can flow freely but also cover when needed.
and then you have a 1 or two guys on the field that are Safety/SLOT-Linebackers that will primarily cover but also come up to run blitz and stunt occasionally.

it's not crazy..kinda where the league is going

• Like 2