4.130 - MIN: James Lynch DT/Baylor

RpMc

Just now, upriser7 said:

any specific reason why he dropped to mid 4th Round despite having really good numbers? 

I think low ceiling and a question of where he specifically fits? Might not ever be a 10+ sack guy but a consistent 6-7 once he gets his role?

Biased obviously but I would have taken him in the 3rd and not felt bad at all.

Where do you guys see him fitting in Zimmer’s system? He’s going to pressure the QB.

Not sure if this adds any extra excitement but he was committed to USC and then TCU before we finally flipped him, so other bigger programs loved him too. Though apparently Patterson wanted him to play OL.

One thing we suffered from last year was our interior DL getting push but no sacks. QB's had all the time in the world against us more times than not. If not for Hunter, they would have had ALL day every time they dropped back. Lynch is a guy who has an extreme nack for getting to the QB from the DT position. Something that is HIGHLY valuable and can't always be coached 100%. This pick makes all the sense in the world. Love it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Awesome.

There's been talk of us possible adding more under front and odd front looks with adding Dom Capers to our staff as a consultant, so possible some 5-technique odd/closed looks too.

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Would have loved both, different style players - Taylor is a true edge player (we got Wonnum which is nice)

Lynch is someone you can move around from base end to a pass rushing 1T

I just thought it was interesting that Jeremiah had them back to back

• Like 1