Top 5 draft pick

Johnny Nix

My top 3 wish list at the moment

The three guys I really want are..

1.Sam Darnold

2.Trey Adams or Mike McGlinchey

Realistically I would rather get a franchise LT and either Adams or McGlinchey would be what I want. But if the Bengals somehow finished with the worst record in the NFL, I would rather get Darnold just to get there franchise QB out of the way. One of these 3 guys should be there assuming they finish with a top 5 pick.

Josh Rosen, Arden Key, and Derwin would be my other options, but only if those 3 guys are gone first.

A couple of ways of looking at this.

Viewpoint #1 - this team is way too good to end up with a bottom five record.  Yeah they've been rough, but they're going to win enough games to get out of the top.  

Viewpoint #2 - for the lolz, if they end up with a top five pick, it was likely because a few things happened.  

1. Dalton died and/or kept getting worse as he took shot after shot behind that offensive line.
  2. The defense had some injuries and got worse
  3. AJ Green got hurt again
  4. Bill Lazor turns out to be worse equal to Zampese

In which case, take the QB.

Viewpoint #3 is a spin off of #2, point 1 about Dalton dying behind that line.  No way i want to put a potential franchise QB behind this line.  Take the OL.

Honestly i think you have to take the QB.  But if any of this comes to pass, this team has some bigger problems than Dalton.

46 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I agree we need to get a new OT, but taking one over a franchise QB would be upsetting to me. 

What they need to do is bite the bullet and overspend in FA on some OL talent.  The NFL is deficient in OL help in a big way.  The overspend this year could end up being a steal of a deal in a year or two.

Just now, ochocinco4pres said:

what's more likely, they do that or actually on from Andy?

I don't think either are very likely, but if i had to guess, it's more likely they spend some money on offensive linemen.  I think they realize it's a problem (it's why Andre Smith was subbing in Sunday).  I don't think they see a problem with Andy.

Archived