@ Titans - Loss
@ Broncos - Loss
Browns - Win
Stealers - Loss
Bears - Loss
@ Vikings - Loss
Lions - Loss
@ Ravens - Loss

Looks like a 4-12 team to me.  Maybe, maybe we beat the Bears at home, but then again, I could see us dropping one to Cleveland, which we tend to do sometimes no matter how good/bad either team is.  At 4-12, we're likely a top 5 pick, possibly at top 3 pick.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Looks like a 4-12 team to me.  Maybe, maybe we beat the Bears at home, but then again, I could see us dropping one to Cleveland, which we tend to do sometimes no matter how good/bad either team is.  At 4-12, we're likely a top 5 pick, possibly at top 3 pick.

You just never know.  The Jags, Ravens, Bears, Lions, and Broncos can be very Jekyll/Hyde. 

The part that sucks is that they're going to be playing their home games in front of people that would rather see them lose than win.  So from the first snap they're going to be contending with boos on offense, and quiet crowds on defense.  Not much of a home field advantage.

But, i still maintain they have enough talent to win at least 6 games.  Vontaze is back this week.  The defensive line has been lights out.  Mixon is getting more work.  They're having some issues in the secondary, but nothing that can't get ironed out.  The OL will be a problem all year, but they know it and can work around it to some degree.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

You just never know.  The Jags, Ravens, Bears, Lions, and Broncos can be very Jekyll/Hyde. 

The part that sucks is that they're going to be playing their home games in front of people that would rather see them lose than win.  So from the first snap they're going to be contending with boos on offense, and quiet crowds on defense.  Not much of a home field advantage.

But, i still maintain they have enough talent to win at least 6 games.  Vontaze is back this week.  The defensive line has been lights out.  Mixon is getting more work.  They're having some issues in the secondary, but nothing that can't get ironed out.  The OL will be a problem all year, but they know it and can work around it to some degree.

While I can't speak for everyone, I will always root for the Bengals to win, it's just not in my DNA to cheer against my team, even if I know it leads to better draft positioning.  It's more of a small upside to the losing than a main purpose.

I'm not a believer in the QB in pressure situations, the oline may be the worst in the NFL, and I'm not a believer in the coaching staff making good decisions/adjustments.  That's a lot to overcome.  With this oline, I could see a clutch QB with smart coaches behind him making this an 8-8 team (yes, I think the oline is THAT bad), but with what we have, 3-5 wins seems like a proper window to me.

For all the supposed "weapons" this team was supposed to have, its looking more and more like just hype.

Boyd is a younger version of Lafell (both suck at seperation)

Core is fast, but I've yet to see him do anything with it (most likely Dalton's fault)

Ross is injured

Eifert is injured

Kroft and Uzomah are ok

Malone has yet to dress

Gio is underutilized

Mixon has yet to bust one

Hill is like the coaches kid that gets playing time over other guys when everyone knows he shouldnt.

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

For all the supposed "weapons" this team was supposed to have, its looking more and more like just hype.

Boyd is a younger version of Lafell (both suck at seperation)

Core is fast, but I've yet to see him do anything with it (most likely Dalton's fault)

Ross is injured

Eifert is injured

Kroft and Uzomah are ok

Malone has yet to dress

Gio is underutilized

Mixon has yet to bust one

Hill is like the coaches kid that gets playing time over other guys when everyone knows he shouldnt.

Could actually blame Dalton for all of these except the last one.

Archived