Top 5 draft pick

Johnny Nix

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

Love your work.  In fact, it's where I always start looking for prospects to watch

What are the real life chances the Bengals actually draft an OT if they land a top 10 pick? They seem stubborn enough to keep playing Ogbeuhi and Fisher. We will get some hype article in the offseason how they are about to breakout and become the best OT duo in the league. And we will draft a corner. 

21 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

What are the real life chances the Bengals actually draft an OT if they land a top 10 pick? They seem stubborn enough to keep playing Ogbeuhi and Fisher. We will get some hype article in the offseason how they are about to breakout and become the best OT duo in the league. And we will draft a corner. 

Seeing them bring in Smith so early tells me that they realize they are sucking....so it wouldn't shock me. But the fact that they refuse to do anything with Bodine is a different story. 

9 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

The real question is would we take two of them this year relatively high?  There are enough good ones that one of the top guys could conceivably fall to us in the second.  And the top centers will be there too in the second.  So do we go OT-C-OT or OT-OT-C?  

Disagree about corner, even if they cut ties with Jones.  Dre, Jackson, Dennard, Shaw, Russell and probably Jones going into next year.  No room at the inn.  

18 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The real question is would we take two of them this year relatively high?  There are enough good ones that one of the top guys could conceivably fall to us in the second.  And the top centers will be there too in the second.  So do we go OT-C-OT or OT-OT-C?  

Disagree about corner, even if they cut ties with Jones.  Dre, Jackson, Dennard, Shaw, Russell and probably Jones going into next year.  No room at the inn.  

Agreed.  I'm pretty sure they're going to draft at least one OT in the first two rounds.  Question is do they double up on it again?  The answer really depends on how Fisher and Ced finish out this season.

They won't draft a corner.  Dennard is going to be brought back at his current level of play (probably the best corner in the secondary so far), and WJIII looks like he's going to be a good one (i know he got beat a lot on Sunday, but he passes the eyeball test).

Anything other than LT rd 1 and then C rd 2 in the 2018 draft and I'm not going to be a happy camper.  Since we are apparently stricken with Paul Alexander forever, we need to keep feeding him top draft picks in the hopes that at least some of them turn out, because the odds are greatly against him getting a late round gem and polishing them up into a good starter.  Even if we do get the diamond in the rough on oline, they won't have their potential unlocked until after we give up on them.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

So who are your choices so far for LT?

Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, or Mike McGlinchey?

what about center?

Mason Cole or Billy Price?

Quinton Nelson is the guy we need.  Just need to move someone inside to Center, add Nelson at guard and also draft an OT. 

I wouldn't mind drafting Orlando Brown to play RT and then moving up to draft Quinton Nelson to play RG.  Then somehow get Trey Hopkins/Westerman/Redmond/TJ Johnson/Street FA to play center.  Nelson + Brown would be a massive force in the running game on the right side.

Brown does worry me a bit though, and Connor Williams is done for the year.  I guess a McGlinchey + Nelson reunion wouldn't be a bad thing...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Quinton Nelson is the guy we need.  Just need to move someone inside to Center, add Nelson at guard and also draft an OT. 

I wouldn't mind drafting Orlando Brown to play RT and then moving up to draft Quinton Nelson to play RG.  Then somehow get Trey Hopkins/Westerman/Redmond/TJ Johnson/Street FA to play center.  Nelson + Brown would be a massive force in the running game on the right side.

Brown does worry me a bit though, and Connor Williams is done for the year.  I guess a McGlinchey + Nelson reunion wouldn't be a bad thing...

Brown has looked nimble enough to me to be able to play the left side, but I agree he would be a stud at RT.  Nelson would be a great grab, but do you really think he's sliding to us in round two?  i don't, and I don't like him enough to grab him in the first and wait on OT.

I'd love to have Cleveland's draft picks this year... two firsts and three seconds.  We could retool the whole line with that.  

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Brown has looked nimble enough to me to be able to play the left side, but I agree he would be a stud at RT.  Nelson would be a great grab, but do you really think he's sliding to us in round two?  i don't, and I don't like him enough to grab him in the first and wait on OT.

I'd love to have Cleveland's draft picks this year... two firsts and three seconds.  We could retool the whole line with that.  

It's why I mentioned moving up for Nelson.  I think he'll be late first/first 5 picks of round 2, type of player.  So if we're picking early in round 2, I'd like us to trade up to get him if he's in 'range'.  Not a Bengals thing to do, but we've loaded up on a lot of young talent and need some studs instead of more quantity.  Our defense is pretty solid at every position, and our offense as well (outside of OL) if you really think about it. 

I'd rather make sure we draft two stud OL players in the next draft than 3-5 rotational players...

48 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

It's why I mentioned moving up for Nelson.  I think he'll be late first/first 5 picks of round 2, type of player.  So if we're picking early in round 2, I'd like us to trade up to get him if he's in 'range'.  Not a Bengals thing to do, but we've loaded up on a lot of young talent and need some studs instead of more quantity.  Our defense is pretty solid at every position, and our offense as well (outside of OL) if you really think about it. 

I'd rather make sure we draft two stud OL players in the next draft than 3-5 rotational players...

That makes sense.  And i would do it.  There are some out there that think Nelson is a top 15 overall guy, and I wasn't sure if you meant trading that far up.

If we could package, say both thirds for a high second, i'd do it in a heartbeat.  get the line fixed ASAP

Archived