Top 5 draft pick

Johnny Nix

5 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

So assuming we go oline the first 2 rounds, we probably add a TE and DE the next two rounds. Doubt we resign Eifert and I could see us moving on from MJ93

MJ93 has one more year left on his deal.  I could see him staying around again next year, pending the results of the draft.  No one here is pushing him off the roster.  

14 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

So assuming we go oline the first 2 rounds, we probably add a TE and DE the next two rounds. Doubt we resign Eifert and I could see us moving on from MJ93

MJ is playing as much DT as DE.  We don't have anyone else that can do that right now, with both hardison and Gilberry gone.

Not sure what they will do with Eifert.  Mike Brown seems like the kind of guy that would sign him back to avoid having him go somewhere else and light it up 16 games a year,.  Kroft having a game like that (that I've been waiting to see since he got here, he was good at Rutgers) may change things quite a bit.

13 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Kroft having a game like that (that I've been waiting to see since he got here, he was good at Rutgers) may change things quite a bit.

Seems like Eifert is going to be out for another few weeks.  Kroft has a big opportunity to seize a position for the remainder of the year and into next year.  Personally, if he plays like he did on Sunday, i'd start him over Eifert.  Or at least split time.  Made tough catches, and made them in the endzone AND in the middle of the field.  Something we don't see much of from Eifert.

That will be an interesting thing to watch this week.

Archived