Pick # 139 is in: CB, Amik Robertson, Louisana Tech

RaidersAreOne

All I know is I'm rooting for the guy and not ruling out him starting opposite Mullen. Slot makes sense but he might prove to be our Darrell Green. Like last year where the 4th rounder out plays the 1st rounder. I'd like that. Not because Arnette is trash but that Amik is so damn good.

Ted's article makes me want Amik in the tyrann Mathieu role even more. Which for his rookie year might be the best case for him to get playing time. Joyner gonna get the start at slot CB if he stays healthy. Amik in college had really good ball skills he does a great job recognizing a WR's routes and knows when to bail on his WR and go for the ball. I don't think you can just play him at CB. You need to take advantage of that ability. His ball skills are way better than what you normally see from a kid coming out of college. 

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ted's article makes me want Amik in the tyrann Mathieu role even more. Which for his rookie year might be the best case for him to get playing time. Joyner gonna get the start at slot CB if he stays healthy. Amik in college had really good ball skills he does a great job recognizing a WR's routes and knows when to bail on his WR and go for the ball. I don't think you can just play him at CB. You need to take advantage of that ability. His ball skills are way better than what you normally see from a kid coming out of college. 

He's the perfect 4th corner/potentially 3rd safety early in his career. I think he'd be great as a nickel because he can blitz from there and make a lot of tackles. He's very twitchy covering the slot. I agree that he could probably play a hybrid cb/s nickel role like mathieu though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think many people here need to temper their expectations for Robertson’s rookie year.  I think he’s a fine long term slot CB, could even be top 5 in time.  But if he’s not starting week 4 people here will be crying. Joyner had a bad year for numerous reasons but he is a seasoned veteran who the coaches have faith in.  It’ll take some poor play for several weeks before a switch is made.  And don’t be surprised if one is made first round draft pick Damon Arnette is the one balled up first.

i actually think Joyner might pleasantly surprise us all.

I wouldn’t want Robertson playing and 3rd safety his rookie year.  If that’s the look we’re going for move Joyner to 3rd safety and move arnette or Robertson to slot cb

Edited by jimkelly02

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think many people here need to temper their expectations for Robertson’s rookie year.  I think he’s a fine long term slot CB, could even be top 5 in time.  But if he’s not starting week 4 people here will be crying. Joyner had a bad year for numerous reasons but he is a seasoned veteran who the coaches have faith in.  It’ll take some poor play for several weeks before a switch is made.  And don’t be surprised if one is made first round draft pick Damon Arnette is the one balled up first.

i actually think Joyner might pleasantly surprise us all.

I wouldn’t want Robertson playing and 3rd safety his rookie year.  If that’s the look we’re going for move Joyner to 3rd safety and move arnette or Robertson to slot cb

Definitely. He is a pick for the long term. I just don't want to see Joyner struggling hard and not being able to run with Robertson ready on the bench.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, oakdb36 said:

Nnamdi

Bobcat going to OWN 21 as if Prime time on Sundays meets Showtime at the Apollo. 

OK maybe a little too much hype but WHY NOT!!! BOBCAT!!! Tear it up. 

Hey Jim...NANANA I'm not listening... LOL   🤪

Why so SERIOUS??? You know a guy like me...A FREAK 🥳

Edited by G

1 hour ago, G said:

Bobcat going to OWN 21 as if Prime time on Sundays meets Showtime at the Apollo. 

OK maybe a little too much hype but WHY NOT!!! BOBCAT!!! Tear it up. 

Hey Jim...NANANA I'm not listening... LOL   🤪

Why so SERIOUS??? You know a guy like me...A FREAK 🥳

Just FYI, or really fei: for everyone’s info, I wasn’t singling any poster out.  I was making a statement in opposition to the group consensus around here.

and I’m incredibly happy we drafted Robertson.  I think he can be a pro bowler by year 4, even possibly year 3.  I love everything about him.

But we need to reign back in some of these expectations and projections.  It’s not just Robertson.  I’ve seen a couple of projections of Edwards having a 700 yard season.  Unless Carr throws for a record 5500 yds that’s not happening.  If he ends up contributing 30 receptions, 450 yds, 2 TD and not 700 yards (45-50 catches roughly) is he a major disappointment and showing signs of not living up to his draft potential? Absolutely not.

Same with Robertson...is Joyner does struggle it’s far more likely Arnette is called up to the starting slot CB.  Arnette played at a very high level in the slot for OSU and the coaches would be able ease him into the field sooner and with less pressure.  So if Robertson doesn’t see a tremendous amount of playing time it doesn’t mean his draft billing wasn’t accurate.  

I get fans have favorites and The “under dog’s” like Robertson are even more special to the fans.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Just FYI, or really fei: for everyone’s info, I wasn’t singling any poster out.  I was making a statement in opposition to the group consensus around here.

and I’m incredibly happy we drafted Robertson.  I think he can be a pro bowler by year 4, even possibly year 3.  I love everything about him.

But we need to reign back in some of these expectations and projections.  It’s not just Robertson.  I’ve seen a couple of projections of Edwards having a 700 yard season.  Unless Carr throws for a record 5500 yds that’s not happening.  If he ends up contributing 30 receptions, 450 yds, 2 TD and not 700 yards (45-50 catches roughly) is he a major disappointment and showing signs of not living up to his draft potential? Absolutely not.

Same with Robertson...is Joyner does struggle it’s far more likely Arnette is called up to the starting slot CB.  Arnette played at a very high level in the slot for OSU and the coaches would be able ease him into the field sooner and with less pressure.  So if Robertson doesn’t see a tremendous amount of playing time it doesn’t mean his draft billing wasn’t accurate.  

I get fans have favorites and The “under dog’s” like Robertson are even more special to the fans.

Jim I was having fun (and drunk lol) I thought the Joker 'why so serious' would have conveyed that but it didn't. I remember back in the day we had a poster name CrapTackula or something like that. 16-0/19-0 were the predictions and I think JaWalrus Lack-O-Muscle was our QB then.  It's about having fun especially when it's needed most. Say hello 2020 get the laffs, smiles while you can because in a few months it's going to get worse. The roller coaster I'm on I try and keep away from others when I'm down because I don't need to spread that but when I'm up I'm going to let it fly. So if you see me go to extremes it's just that and not me being Bipolar. Though tht wouldn't have been the first time I've heard that term thrown around. LOL 😁 Think of me as a former E-tard who was excellent to roll with back in the day. Now I just try to chip off the crust and not overeat the 'memberberries.'