Pick # 139 is in: CB, Amik Robertson, Louisana Tech

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

New Rule: only give Mayock 4th rounders 

trade back every year and get like 15 4ths

as much as I complained about our draft I did say all it takes is a strong 3rd or 4th to rebound and move it from a C to a b or B+

Yup makes me think that Mayock and his team take over in Day 3.

Amik Comes from a pretty tough background, I’d I remember correctly.  Like the type of dude that can’t go back home if he don’t make it... he ain’t got a choice... those are the late round guys I like.  They usually scratch and claw to make it.

I try and keep my expectations realistic when it comes to the draft. Especially guys in the mid rounds, but we found some real players there last year, and when you watch Robertson play it's super easy to see him becoming one of the premier nickel corners in the game. 

He is one of the most universally loved and praised guys I have ever seen projected to go in the 3rd round or later. It's fearless, ridiculous physical, athletic, phenomenal instincts and ball skills. If he was 6' or taller I think he goes much earlier. I absolutely love this pick like everyone else. I see him taking over for Joyner sooner than later and locking down the slot for a good while. 

And I absolutely love the confidence and the chip on his shoulder. I always appreciate guys that use everything as motivation and find a way to turn one of the best days in someones life as an indictment to build his I'm proving all of you made a mistake. That's the type of attitude you want all your football players to have, and the attitude a corner that's short needs to reach their potential. 

This just may be my favorite pick in all the draft. He will have to play a specific role but I just see him playing that role at a high level. 

• Like 2