Pick # 139 is in: CB, Amik Robertson, Louisana Tech

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Except Sanders was a safety. Not a slot corner 

Yeah I definitely understand that.  Size, attitude, playing bigger than they are.  Etc are a fair comparison.  I'd never put ability in there until we see Amik play.  But I knew they played different positions.  Thanks. 

Amik hasn't really played safety, which is why you dont really see comps to Tyrann Mathieu, despite having some similarities in build and aggression. being a full time corner (even in the slot) at that height has its disadvantages.

however, if you want to shoot for the moon with comps, Antoine Winfield Sr. is another one to look at, as he made a living playing outside corner (who would play slot in nickle) at a similar height (he was bigger though)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Amik hasn't really played safety, which is why you dont really see comps to Tyrann Mathieu, despite having some similarities in build and aggression. being a full time corner (even in the slot) at that height has its disadvantages.

however, if you want to shoot for the moon with comps, Antoine Winfield Sr. is another one to look at, as he made a living playing outside corner (who would play slot in nickle) at a similar height (he was bigger though)

He said in the con call that he's willing to play a hybrid cb/s position. Height can be a disadvantage, but he played pretty big as a press man corner outside in college and can definitely jump/tackle. In subpackages, he could have impact in that role for sure.

I don't see Bob when I watch Amik. Bob was basically a human missile. 

I would really like to see Amik at FS his ball skills are really good. It makes me think that he would have success there. I hope they look at how Tyrann is used and try to model Amik to him. 

• Like 2

On 29/04/2020 at 3:16 AM, Turnobili said:

Absolutely loved Winfield Sr, however in that era CBs could be way more physical with receivers down the field and Winfield was among the best at it. Obviously that's an absolutely best case scenario, as you said......shooting for the moon. I think a more modern comparison would be a slightly more physical Buster Skrine who is a player I really liked to watch a few years back.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I was gonna say, look at how the lil man played against LSU. Man's an animal.

One of the reasons why I liked Dantzler was how he played against LSU.  Looks like Amik did the same thing.  Good job Maayock.

• Like 1