2020 Round 4, Pick 142: Washington Redskins select Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Freeze wasn't saying AGG was on top of Brown and Metcalf. He said he was ”at the top” with them in WRs he's coached. Basically, saying he’s in their zip code as a player.

Metkalf plays with Russell and when AJ was producing at a high level he was getting most the targets when Henry was pounding teams on defense off of play action. I like AJ a lot but those two have a lot of good around them. But neither of them have a Terry across from them. I like AGG but as prospects no he’s not there with Brown. DK is more like Gibson when it comes to movement, size, speed and route running. But I would say as a WR Golden is further along with his breaks and cuts then Metkalf I know what the coach was saying but I

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Metkalf plays with Russell and when AJ was producing at a high level he was getting most the targets when Henry was pounding teams on defense off of play action. I like AJ a lot but those two have a lot of good around them. But neither of them have a Terry across from them. I like AGG but as prospects no he’s not there with Brown. DK is more like Gibson when it comes to movement, size, speed and route running. But I would say as a WR Golden is further along with his breaks and cuts then Metkalf I know what the coach was saying but I

I didn’t say it. It’s a quote from his coach. He’s basically just saying don’t sleep on AGG bc he’s a good WR prospect and one of the best WRs he ever coached. That’s it.

DK Metcalf - 6’4, 230

AGG - 6’4, 225

AJ Brown - 6’1, 225

Antonio Gibson - 6’2, 220

Gibson & AGG have a lot of work to do to develop as a route runners, we’ve all talked about that since they were drafted, but if they gets there, I think they can be good or better for us.

Gibson to me is more to a comp to an Anquan Boldin, AJ Brown or Garçon type WR but faster.

AGG’s size is more like Metcalf’s, but AGG doesn’t have Metcalf’s speed.

I don’t know, I’m just happy we got two good prospects at WR. Yes, they need development but they both have tons of potential.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Turtle , I double checked you on Gibson. I see him listed at 6 feet, 228/ lbs. ,,not 6"2" .

Oh ok. I didn’t go to NFL or anything, Wikipedia had him in their blurb as 6’2. I still think he can be a Boldin/Garçon type with more development as a WR. I sure hope they don’t make him a RB bc I think he can do a lot more in space with the ball in his hands.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I feel like this is a kid I can see myself really rooting for. Like outside of Chase I believe this is the pick I want to succeed badly. It's been forever maybe never since we've had a big successful receiver. 

That’s an interesting point. The last big WR we had who was a really big success was Art Monk. Michael Westbrook had a few seasons where he was good and Rod Gardner flashed as a young player but only had one 1,000 yd/8 TD season. Neither lived up to their draft selection.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

I feel like this is a kid I can see myself really rooting for. Like outside of Chase I believe this is the pick I want to succeed badly. It's been forever maybe never since we've had a big successful receiver. 

6'4 and can attack the ball.  I think he's going to be good.  He's not a burner, but these guys are still successful around the NFL, especially if you can match them up against smaller corners and guys they can overpower.  We also need that kind of height in the red zone.  

• Like 1