4th Round: Colby Parkinson / TE / Stanford

SaveOurSonics

22 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Some on Reddit made a good point. Colby is probably TE only in name. Probably spend most of his time lined up outside, or in motion. Probably used similarly to how Tanner McEvoy was used. 

Interesting. Sounds like Luke Willson is as good as gone. Wouldn't commit to Hollister making the roster either (especially at his cap hit). 

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Interesting. Sounds like Luke Willson is as good as gone. Wouldn't commit to Hollister making the roster either (especially at his cap hit). 

The thing about Hollister is I think they like him a SLOT TE-H BACK type of dude. They used him as a inline out of necessity, but I think ideally he spends most of 2020 as a move TE, lining up in the SLOT and backfield a lot. Russell really liked him as a safety valve. He would work well in double TE with Dissly/Greg on opposite side and in motion.

With the Age and MASH going on in the TE room, carrying 5 TE into the season isn't out of the realm of possibility. Especially if Parkinson probably spends most his time lining up on the boundary in heavy packages, and in the Redzone. 

Also, something to consider is there is the chance Dissly starts the year on the PUP. 

This is the one pick that baffled me. 

Olsen, Hollister, Dissley, Johnson, and Willson. I guess a few of those guys will be cut because we can't go into the season with 5+ tight ends. I also don't understand the Parkinson pick because Seattle asks a lot out of their tight ends for blocking, and that's a major weakness for Parkinson. 

I like all our other picks, but this one was a major head scratcher for me. 

24 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

This is the one pick that baffled me. 

Olsen, Hollister, Dissley, Johnson, and Willson. I guess a few of those guys will be cut because we can't go into the season with 5+ tight ends. I also don't understand the Parkinson pick because Seattle asks a lot out of their tight ends for blocking, and that's a major weakness for Parkinson. 

I like all our other picks, but this one was a major head scratcher for me. 

Whether it fits our system or not, we do seem to desire a complimentary move-TE to our inline guy. Went out and got Jimmy Graham. Prioritized having guys like Luke Willson and Jacob Hollister on recent rosters.