Week 3 - 3 up, 3 down

tonyto36

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Despite all of the RB hype this offseason and camp The running game is still terrible. 3.5 YPC this season and sub 4 the previous 3.

A lot of that is going up against good front 7's though. 

Need to see Burkhead used more when he gets healthy

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I have to think this is his last season in NE. 

Probably, although I would think his replacement will be worse in 2018 than Solder is currently

Seems people are losing perspective and using 3 games to draw conclusions about the talent or overall performance without looking at the context. Solder doesn't look especially bad, he has just had a concentration of the types of guys he has always struggled against. The run game looks "dreadful" because the Pats have played tough run D's and/or been in a passing mode on offense due to opponent weakness (New Orleans) or the game situation (KC)

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Despite all of the RB hype this offseason and camp The running game is still terrible. 3.5 YPC this season and sub 4 the previous 3.

Im going to call sample size and opponents on this. The Chiefs and Texans have two of the better run D's in the league. NO we rushed fairly well with 3.8 ypc. Im not ready to count out the run game. 

3 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

A lot of that is going up against good front 7's though. 

Need to see Burkhead used more when he gets healthy

White is the go-to pass catcher

Gillislee is the go-to short yardage guy

I have hopes that Burkhead could be better than White as a runner/Gillislee as a pass catcher.   What do you think?

On 26/09/2017 at 8:11 PM, tonyto36 said:

White is the go-to pass catcher

Gillislee is the go-to short yardage guy

I have hopes that Burkhead could be better than White as a runner/Gillislee as a pass catcher.   What do you think?

I'd say Rex would be the go-to wide out/slot HB....lol

More of a catcher than a pounder. 

Archived