Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texas_OutLaw7

Travis' heir - Running Behind Wisconsin's Badazz - Tyler Biadasz

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, D82 said:

If Biadasz can recover from that hip thing and stay healthy, we probably have our starter at center. McGovern v. Williams at LG is going to be an interesting camp battle. 

We’ll see, man. Both Williams and McGovern carried second round grades and were drafted earlier than Biadasz. I kind of doubt they’ll just hand the 4th round rookie a starting job and make the two Connors compete at a different spot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We’ll see, man. Both Williams and McGovern carried second round grades and were drafted earlier than Biadasz. I kind of doubt they’ll just hand the 4th round rookie a starting job and make the two Connors compete at a different spot. 

Oh of course they won’t just hand it to him, I expect and want competition. Just think Biadasz can win the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looney might still be the starter but I believe is only on a 1 year contract.

No matter who wins the job, we have some really good depth.

I'm hoping for a line of Smith/McGovern/Biadasz/Zack/Collins

With Williams as the swing tackle and Looney as the backup OG/C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks like a beast in run blocking. Pass protection worries me a bit, but hopefully that was more of a product of not being 100% and maybe some technique issues which can be addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cowboys have 3 recently drafted interior linemen, all capable of playing center, who they gave 2nd round grades to.

Joe Looney is not going to win the starting job, I assure you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The Cowboys have 3 recently drafted interior linemen, all capable of playing center, who they gave 2nd round grades to.

Joe Looney is not going to win the starting job, I assure you.

Either way, I am confident that this is Looney's last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The Cowboys have 3 recently drafted interior linemen, all capable of playing center, who they gave 2nd round grades to.

Joe Looney is not going to win the starting job, I assure you.

I think The Loon most likely wins the job out of training camp. How long he holds on to it from there is where my question would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have a mancrush on Tyler BadAzz. He was my 2nd rd pick, getting him as a late 4 made this draft for me. The first 4 picks were nice, but we got us a BadAzz!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I think The Loon most likely wins the job out of training camp. How long he holds on to it from there is where my question would be.

I don’t think it makes sense to go into the season starting a guy you don’t expect to be the season long starter.

I’ll put my money on the 2 Connors starting at LG and C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think it makes sense to go into the season starting a guy you don’t expect to be the season long starter.

I’ll put my money on the 2 Connors starting at LG and C.

You may be right. Talent wise they have the edge. McGovern is a bit of an unknown to me as I really have no idea how much, if any work he got in last year. Not saying he can't come in and start immediately, just trying to temper my expectations here a little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looney played pretty well at center, starter IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5x10 said:

Looney played pretty well at center, starter IMO 

I love Joe Looney more than is rational to love a backup center.

But this is not how teams are built/run. They haven’t invested this much draft capital over the past 3 seasons in other guys who can do it, not to give them a shot.

The plan isn’t to have Looney start. I can just about promise you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I love Joe Looney more than is rational to love a backup center.

But this is not how teams are built/run. They haven’t invested this much draft capital over the past 3 seasons in other guys who can do it, not to give them a shot.

The plan isn’t to have Looney start. I can just about promise you that.

I believe it, I just don’t think Williams or McGovern are better than him

that leaves the rookie and looney played fairly well when he was in 

we will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

I believe it, I just don’t think Williams or McGovern are better than him

Well, ok... But that’s very likely to not in agreement with the way the organization feels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Well, ok... But that’s very likely to not in agreement with the way the organization feels. 

Let’s see, I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...