49ers trade RB Brieda to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If i am him I holdout for more money.

He won't get more money at this point, the guy has potential but hasn't really proven he is worth a contract beyond this year. He needs to prove he can hold onto the ball and stay healthy. He ought to be motivated. 

6 hours ago, Starless said:

Ah, crap. 

They might legit be better than the Pats this year. 

If Tua starts and stays healthy, possibly. Although it is doubtful even then. The Patriots defense should be good again, and the offense at least competent enough to score 15-20 points per game.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd say it's kinda weird to deal a pick for a depth back like that, especially on draft day...but it wasn't exactly one of those draft classes that was just overflowing with solid RBs all the way through to Day 3.

are you saying Breida is a backup only? Thats just silly.

Hes had trouble staying healthy hut on nearly 400 career carries he has a ypc on 5.0. The last two years hes had 150 and 120 carries (so good volume) and had been a tick above 5.0 ypc in both years. He should have his touches limited but hes a very, very good back.

Good deal for both sides. John Lynch is frustratingly good at squeezing more value out of players than they should be worth on the open market. 

With that said, Breida is pound for pound of the most talented RBs in the league. As others have said, he's been a shoe-in for 5+ YPC when healthy, which is no easy feat. Now, obviously the "when healthy" is a big caveat, because he really struggles to stay healthy. 

It was a move the 9ers needed to make, but I'm very pleased we won't have to go up against Breida anymore. JaMycal Hasty will be a new problem. 

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you saying Breida is a backup only? Thats just silly.

Hes had trouble staying healthy hut on nearly 400 career carries he has a ypc on 5.0. The last two years hes had 150 and 120 carries (so good volume) and had been a tick above 5.0 ypc in both years. He should have his touches limited but hes a very, very good back.

He's clearly not built to be THE guy or a bell cow back. But he can be damn good sharing the load and having around 10 or so carries a game.