49ers Select OT Colton McKvitz From West Virginia With #153 Pick

J-ALL-DAY

So just looking at our OL draft picks, clearly the regime is looking for experienced players who had at least three years of starting experience. 

Brunskill is still the favorite for me to win the RG spot, but some more added competition. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So just looking at our OL draft picks, clearly the regime is looking for experienced players who had at least three years of starting experience. 

Brunskill is still the favorite for me to win the RG spot, but some more added competition. 

Competition is always great. 

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

You guys are going to like McKivitz when you watch him play. He was a great lineman for WVU, and has a great offensive lineman personality. Nasty.

One clear thing with this draft was to get players who are physical and nasty. All three fit that bill. Saw some clips of him on ESPN and he played some RG it seems, so that's good to see. 

I think I remember him from watching the O-Line/D-Line drills from Senior Bowl. Think he was #53...can't really recall but if he was the only WVU there than it was him. I just wrote down his number and told myself to look at his film, as I was impressed by what I saw of him in the drills. Of course I never did, as other prospects started to grab my attention but if that was indeed him, I think we got a good young mold of clay to develop.

• Like 1