Patriots select Justin Rohrwasser with 159 pick

DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Why draft someone who may be a distraction, at kicker no less who literally no one had on their radar. In the fifth round. Seems more like a Zolton Mesko pick than a Jake Bailey.

I highly doubt it will be much of a distraction

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

wanted Rodrigo

I think HotRod is one of the best kickers to come out in a few years, but I can see BB wanting someone who can kick in a variety of different weather conditions.  This kid from Marshall fits the bill.  Blankenship's been limited by the SEC in the environments he's played in.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think HotRod is one of the best kickers to come out in a few years, but I can see BB wanting someone who can kick in a variety of different weather conditions.  This kid from Marshall fits the bill.  Blankenship's been limited by the SEC in the environments he's played in.  

I suppose that's true, his FG% is strong from his senior season and he has made some big high stakes kicks (as high stakes as it gets for Marshall)

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why are people down on him before he's kicked a ball?

(life choices notwithstanding) 

Because he’s a kicker and he’s not worth the media headache. Put the actual issue aside and just on implications to the team. Kraft is going to get very sick of having this mentioned anytime he has a big kick or whatever. Fans are going to get sick of the obligatory tweets and ESPN segments. 

Just nobody really wants to have that battle over kicker.