2020 Round 5, Pick 162: Washington Redskins select Khaleke Hudson, OLB, Michigan

• 4 weeks later...

Rumor is SDH is putting on weight for next season and I say rumors bc we all know Mark is more rumor than facts. 

My guess is they want him to play MLB and not WLB as I had originally assumed bc of his athleticism. 

If he and Bostic are competing for MLB then that leaves Thomas Davis, Holcomb, Foster, KPL, Hudson, Norris and maybe Anderson competing at SLB too.

I’m not sure how everything will shake out at LB still. It really sucks not having OTA’s and mini-camps. There is no reporting on where any of these guys are lining up at practice bc there is no practice, same with the OL questions on the left side, the corner position and where Gibson will be lined up at too.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:31 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Yes we did.  I just think our depth is fine, maybe try for a boom or bust guy with some potential.  Maybe they really like Hudson as a pass-rusher too.  

This team has been drafting boom or bust guys - mostly coming off injury with its mid and late round picks all decade. It hasn’t been an awful strategy bc a few have worked out but, like Chris Thompson, Jordan Reed, Keenan Robinson, Spencer Long, a handful of DBs and they continued to be injury prone dating back to the Shanahan days.

Hudson is most likely a career back up and special team ace type, but that’s valuable too. If he’s our back up WLB/dime LB for the next decade behind Holcomb or hopefully a finally Healthy Foster, then that’s a good pick.

Edited by turtle28