5th Round (163rd overall) - CB Kindle Vildor, Georgia Southern | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

Kindle-Vildor.jpg?fit=1024,684&ssl=1

CB Kindle Vildor

Georgia Southern

Height: 5'10" Weight: 191lb

2019 stats: Tack: 27 | INT: 2 | PD: 6 | FF: 0

What the Draft analysts say (via NFL.com): 

Overview
He's a little slender and his speed is average, but Vildor possesses good athletic ability with the man cover talent to stay near his target. He does a nice job of challenging throws effectively when he's in position thanks to his length and timing, but he'll need to improve his route recognition and anticipation as a pro. He can be too passive and ineffective as a tackler, which will be a non-starter for certain NFL teams. Vildor has the ability to challenge for a CB4/CB5 spot for man-cover defenses.
Strengths
  • Athletic ability to play in a variety of coverages
  • Plays with balance and body control
  • Adequate footwork to shadow and impede release
  • Long arms and big hands for a cornerback
  • Hips to flip and sprint when required
  • Good acceleration to stay connected at pattern breaks
  • Communicates well with safeties
  • Flashes his burst to close and challenge throws from Cover 2
  • Finds quality angles to pester the catch point
  • Plays with good bend and lateral change of direction in space
Weaknesses
  • Appears quicker than fast on tape
  • Just average recovering against speedsters downfield
  • Needs to play with better eye-balance from off-man
  • Inconsistent passing off receivers from zone
  • Can be baited underneath against high/low route combinations
  • Sits back and waits for the train to hit him in run support
  • Willing to let a tackle happen without jumping in
  • Didn't play with same level of anticipation in 2019 as he did in 2018

Edited by RJ_11

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Apparently Pace thinks the defense was the problem last year.

Of course he does. Weed is legal and now Pace can't even see the computer screen. 

I like CBs but damn. Prince was sitting right there. So was Adams, Fromm, Gordon, Benito Jones, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Of course he does. Weed is legal and now Pace can't even see the computer screen. 

I like CBs but damn. Prince was sitting right there. So was Adams, Fromm, Gordon, Benito Jones, etc. 

I'm not a fan of Prince. We have drafted enough O-lineman in the past with broken wheels. But I do agree there was better options out there.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not a fan of Prince. We have drafted enough O-lineman in the past with broken wheels. But I do agree there was better options out there.

But you can't keep ignoring OT. Pace has taken 1 in 6 drafts and it was a 7th round slob with no ability. He continues to ignore OT and QB but man if there was ever a CB or LB on the board, sign him up.

Bit of a weird pick given we have Skrine & Shelley for the nickle role...I have never seen anything of this guy but I would imagine special teams would be his way on to the team...

Tre Roberson can really tackle...could he be the competition for Bush at SS?

3 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

It's round 5. He looks like he can be a possible replacement for Skrine and getting out of his contract asap makes this a potential win. 

Then what the hell was the idea behind taking Shelley last year?

I know he doesn't have a crystal ball, but my god, you can't keep taking CB's and LB's when you have very obvious needs elsewhere. 1 OT in 6 years? No OL at all in 2 years? 1 QB in 6 years? That's just bad

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He definitely has his warts but has enough upside to warrant the pick. Adams was healthy he's have been a 1st rounder IMO and Price would be a late 1st to early 2nd rounder. 

I'll gamble with late picks all day. You don't get fired for dropping picks in the 5th, blowing early ones is what kills a team. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bit of a weird pick given we have Skrine & Shelley for the nickle role...I have never seen anything of this guy but I would imagine special teams would be his way on to the team...

Get the best 5 out there, just like OL (I'm counting NB there obviously, I can count   lol)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Im kind of thinking the DB position will be gutted this year, Im almost sure Skrine is out, that nickel is this dude or Shelley. I also think players will be multi-positional. DB's will just play DB, best tackler at SS. The only true CB's are Fuller and Johnson.

As far as OL I kind of saw this coming, Ifedi is going to be the OG with Spriggs as our backup swing OT. Look for Bars to get in the mix as well at some point and a few UDFA signings.

• Like 2