The Recipe Thread 2.0!

scar988

I’ve been invited to a super bowl party. I have no idea what to make. Keeping in mind pork has already been said to be ordered, what’s something easy to make or something that will wow the plebes? Bonus points if the ingredients can be subbed in or out due to not always finding things easily in China. 

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I’ve been invited to a super bowl party. I have no idea what to make. Keeping in mind pork has already been said to be ordered, what’s something easy to make or something that will wow the plebes? Bonus points if the ingredients can be subbed in or out due to not always finding things easily in China. 

Spider doughnuts are pretty easy and seem like they are something everyone can enjoy. 

Also, this is easy, but also surprisingly good.

https://www.franksredhot.com/en-us/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My mind always goes to either wings or chili. But I don’t know if you’d find what you need for good chili in China.

But if you could, that would be the way I’d go.

Or nachos if you can find corn tortillas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

My mind always goes to either wings or chili. But I don’t know if you’d find what you need for good chili in China.

But if you could, that would be the way I’d go.

Or nachos if you can find corn tortillas.

Canned beans, tomato paste, ground beef, beer and chili powder. I think he could do something with that. 

Just now, scar988 said:

Canned beans, tomato paste, ground beef, beer and chili powder. I think he could do something with that. 

I assumed he would want to make good chili, and dried chiles or chili powder might be tough to find.

But at the same time, you're right.  If it's a bunch of Chinese people, you could make a basic chili like that (which is probably more authentically American anyway), load it with cheese, and make it a dip.  I imagine it's something they won't have seen much of.  And it'll still be good.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I assumed he would want to make good chili, and dried chiles or chili powder might be tough to find.

But at the same time, you're right.  If it's a bunch of Chinese people, you could make a basic chili like that (which is probably more authentically American anyway), load it with cheese, and make it a dip.  I imagine it's something they won't have seen much of.  And it'll still be good.

That’s fair. I’m just thinking easy chili. Though some garlic and onion wouldn’t be too bad to find. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:54 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58125/everything-bagel-egg-rolls-recipe/

https://www.today.com/recipes/caramelized-thai-style-hot-wings-recipe-t147708

On 1/28/2021 at 5:54 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

This is one of the things I am doing this year 

On 1/28/2021 at 5:54 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236030/wrapped-buffalo-chicken-bites/  

Make these.  They will go fast.